Dr Watson errors

gtatravel

Hello JDElist,

when closing a window in JDE some of our PC users are constantly getting Dr Watson errors which results in them getting kicked out of JDE. Also, some winterm users get kicked out of JDE when closing a window, but they do not get Dr Watson errors.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Jason

JDE System Administrator
AS400, B7333 (XE), SP15.1_009, V4R5, WTS.

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but we had similar problems when with grid formats on the Terminal Server. Everytime we changed a format, or added a format, we would get Dr. Watson errors when we clicked the close button. JDE had several options for us by installing SP16.1 and a couple of one-offs. Then we went to SP17.1 but still got the errors. We ended up having to reinstall Internet Explorer 5.5 on the terminal server. Apparently OW shares a DLL (msxml.dll) and when we reinstalled IE 5.5 the errors went away.

Like I said...I'm not sure if this is the same issue but it might help. If this is the same issue make sure that you have the FAT clients running IE 5.5 as well.

Hope this helps!
Kevin Gray
ERP Systems Administrator

OneWorld Xe SP17.1 XU3
Intel NT, SQL 7.0 SP3
Citrix Metaframe 1.8

Jason :

Upgrade your Terminal Server and FAT Client to IE 5.01 SP2 (or greater)
such as IE 5.5 or IE 6.0
Some of these Watson's are related to msxml.dll provided by older
versions of IE.

Sebastian Sajaroff

I agree with one of the replies regarding formats (user overrides). We used to have this. We have applied SP17_15 which appears to resolved issued as one of the objects effected is the P98950.

Regards

Vici Etheridge

Back