V5R1

Jack_Crouch

Well Known Member
Well... normally moving from one release of the 400 to the next I have not had any issues.

We went from V4R5 last weekend to V5R1. The upgrade itself was uneventful.

I did some wrong things... We received the current cume (which is later than that published on APAR). Not sure if you can even ask for an old Cume... I decided to proceed.

Then the cwbodbc.dll on the IBM site is later than the one on the APAR. Same question there.

With the 8.0.3.9 version of the dll, most users were unable to submit jobs and OW would hang up. With the version that came in the cume (302)... we were getting many ODBC disconnects - but people could submit jobs.

It has not been a good week at all. We went to the V4R5 version of CAE and have been relatively stable (sporadic, but few disconnects).

Seems to me the V5R1 client access express is a bit of a problem.

Then... the JDENET_K Call Object kernal was trying to connect and call Vertex with the ONEWORLD user profile rather than JDE (that setup in F7308). So Vertex Sales and Use would not work. Submitted jobs run under JDE - so they were OK. I changed the user on the ONEWORLD job description to JDE that seemed to get things working - but I hope that is a temporary solution. (Although why the ONEWORLD user profile is beyond me...) Working with JDE on this... (Actually I am surprised it ever worked running under the ONEWORLD user at all - knowing how Vertex works...)

They (IBM) took the QZDASOINIT jobs, moved that program to QSYS and moved the prestart jobs to QUSRWRK instead of QSERVER (sbs). Wonder why...

AS400 V5R1, XE+XU1+45ESUs, SP16.1, NT-SQL7 for CO

Small correction here. I changed the NETJOBD and DBMONJOBD to have users of JDE rather than ONEWORLD to fix the Vertex problem.

(Just in case someone else runs into this.)

AS400 V5R1, XE+XU1+45ESUs, SP16.1, NT-SQL7 for CO

Hello. I did the same upgrade this weekend, new cum and all. I have not had any problems submitting jobs, yet. I went ahead and changed those job descriptions users to JDE, as we also use Vertex. We're running SP 17.1 on the computer I upgraded to V5R1, SP 15 on our Production computer which is still running at V4R5. Maybe the higher SP is helping us. I'd appreciate you keeping me abreast of any issues you have developing.

Jean Driscoll
CNC Administrator
Holiday Retirement Corp
[email protected]
AS/400 Co-existent Xe/Cum12

Back