Thread: Alternative Purchase Order Number Options

Alternative Purchase Order Number Options

To set this up, we are using 9.1, do not use the transporation module, and we have a third party warehouse system. Additionally, we've developed a customized ship confirmation process.

We ship several transfer orders in a single shipment. The third party system creates an invoice number for the shipment. I'm trying to look for a place on the F4311 file where we can store and use that number for the receiving markets. In other words, if I go to the Open PO screen, I should be able to enter the invoice number and pull up all the OT's related to that number. I'm struggling to find such a spot without customizing the Open Purchase Order Screen. Any suggestions?

Hi there, this is a good question. Have you tried the Original Order Number ? If you're using the standard setup for transfer orders you will have the ST/OT setup, so the STs numbers should be stored at the Related Order Number in the PO, maybe the Original is not used. Make sure you've setup the W4310G - Work With Order Details form to be the POs inquires, this will make it easier.

That's a good idea. Even if we did "copy" an order, it wouldn't be a huge deal to overwrite it with the actual order.

Let me follow up with the team and see if there are any concerns. Thanks for your help!

Cool! Let us know if it worked.

Thread Information