Thread: Consumer BSSV exception when calling published BSSV

Consumer BSSV exception when calling published BSSV

I am trying to call a published BSSV running on our BSSV server from my JDeveloper integrated Weblogic server running on my development client from a consumer BSSV.

I can run unit tests that call the consumer BSSV (which in turn calls the published BSSV) just fine in JDeveloper as a simple Java process, but when it is deployed to the integrated Weblogic server and I try and run it from there (when called from a BSFN) I get the following exception:

Code:
    javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: weblogic.wsee.ws.init.WsDeploymentException: weblogic.wsee.security.configuration.WssConfigurationException: Certificate Alias not supplied
    This is on our TR9.1.5.1 instance. Weblogic 12.1.2.

Any ideas?

Update. I changed to the DemoIdentity Keystore (I guess at some point I had changed this). Now I am getting this error.
    Code:
    javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: Hostname verification failed: HostnameVerifier=weblogic.security.utils.SSLWLSHostnameVerifier, hostname=jdedvjas01.
    I have set the Hostname verification to NONE in the Weblogic Admin console for the integrated server under the SSL advanced tab (as instructed by Google) but I am still getting the error.
    Last edited by BOster; 02-12-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    Brian Oster
    Application Development Manager
    E1: 9.0 (TR9.1.5.1) / 9.2 (TR9.2.2.2)
    JAS/BSSV: Weblogic 12.1.2 / Weblogic 12.2
    ES: Win2008 / Win2016
    DB: MSSQL 2014 / 2016
    WebDev Client: Win7Pro / Win10Pro

Brian,

A stab here, try weblogic.security.utils.SSLWLSWildcardHostnameVeri fier as the verification.

Craig
    Craig Welton
    PatWel Group Inc.
    http://www.patwel.com
    Home of the FREE JDE Object Browser, JDETrace, NERDup and BusBuild+ Tools

E1 9.0 8.98.4.2 Wintel SQL 2008
    E1 9.2 9.2.1.4 iSeries

I tried that as well and I'm still getting the same error. It's like there is some other setting that is overriding what is set in the Weblogic Admin Console. I restart the server after each change to keystore/ssl config. I even redeployed the BSSV (the consumer one running locally). I also tried fully qualifying the hostname in the Endpoint URL. Same error every time.
    Brian Oster

So apparently this is a known issue on Weblogic 12.1.2 which is fixed in WL 12.1.3, but 12.1.3 is not supported by TR 9.1.5 so.... yeah. Maybe I can find patch for 12.1.2????

Doc ID 1630044.1

Update:
    There is a link to a Weblogic 12.1.2 patch in the doc listed above. I applied the patch and it fixed my issue. Specifically host name verification settings set in the WL admin console are actually used now.
    Last edited by BOster; 02-14-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    Brian Oster

Thread Information