Thread: JDE Object Browser Data Browse

JDE Object Browser Data Browse

Hi folks,

I've had several people ask about some capabilities in the Data Browse tool, so I figured I would post here ...

1. You can drag columns to create your own customized "view" of the table or view. When dragging, hold down the shift key and it will go into turbo mode. This makes it faster to get those columns to the left.

2. Double click the column header to sort on the column. Keep double clicking to cycle through Asc, Desc and no sort. The order of the sorted columns in the grid controls the ORDER BY clause in the query.

3. Select a range of values (SQL BETWEEN) using the syntax {from..to}. So for F0101 AB records between 100 and 500 {100..500}

4. Select list of values (SQL IN) using the syntax {x,y,z}. So for F0101 AB records 100,200 and 500 {100,200,500}

5. Save your Query (column order, filter values) to a file to use again from Data->Save Query menu option.

I'm thinking of creating a column finder tool in the Data Browse window where you can type in the DD item name and it will find the column for you.

thanks for the continuing support,
    Craig
    Craig Welton
    PatWel Group Inc.
    http://www.patwel.com
    Home of the FREE JDE Object Browser, JDETrace, NERDup and BusBuild+ Tools

E1 9.0 8.98.4.2 Wintel SQL 2008
    E1 9.2 9.2.1.4 iSeries

#3,#4

this is gonna change my life. thanks for posting this.
    Analyst/Developer
    E1: 9.2 | TR: 9.2.3.5 | JAS: WebLogic | ES: OS400
    DB: DB2 | WebDev Client: Win7Pro (64 bit), VS 2013

I didn't know about the range, that's epic. I knwo about the list. So thanks

Thread Information