Orcehstration and string variables in Message service requests (shortcts)

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all!

I have created an orcehstration which has these steps
1. Data request service to retrieve all changed purchase orders (returns a data set)
2. A message service request to iterate through the data set and send e-mail for each changed purchase order. The e-mail contains the PO type and number + Related sales order number
The message also contains a shortcut to P4310 where i pass the order type, order number to form interconnects

My problem is that the e-mail shows all string values inside double quotes like Order number 123456, order type "OP" (i can live with that) but it also passes the double quotes to the form the interconnects. So when user opens the link to P4310 form, it is populated with order type "O instead of OP (i.e. it passes the double quote character and not just the values inside the double quote)

I tried creating a separate orchestration for sending the message (using a connector from the first orchestration to the second)
In the second orchestration, i changed the orcehstration input variables to all be of numeric type. But this did not change the behaviour, the double quotes persist in the message and shortcuts

This is on orchestrator studio v8

I am hoping someone else has experienced this and may have found a solution? Because this behaviour makes the shortcut in message totally useless
Thanks in advance
Aarto

I just whipped up the same thing - a DataRequest over F4311, followed by a Message service request that iterates over the Data Request. The Data request has a name defined for the record set, and Return Fields defined with names e.g. OrderCompany etc. The FormInterconnect uses P4311.W4311G. In the Message Request's Form Interconnect values I just entered the output variable names defined in the Data request, e.g. ${OrderCompany} etc.

It just works for me. This is on TR 9.2.4.1

Thanks.. Hmm.. I forgot to mention, we're on tools 9.2.3.2 Orcehstration studio 7.1.1.0 so this is probably fixed in later tools releases
Aarto

Thanks.. Hmm.. I forgot to mention, we're on tools 9.2.3.2 Orcehstration studio 7.1.1.0 so this is probably fixed in later tools releases
Aarto

That could well be it. The 9.2.4 studio is so much nicer and the improvements to orchestration components do tend to be things you wished were there in earlier releases.

Back