Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Update Processing Options from BSFN

  1. #1
    Member nkuebelbeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    556

    Update Processing Options from BSFN

    Anyone ever do this? There is a stock BSFN but it's client only.

    Pretty sure the data reside in F983051.VRPODATA in | delimited string.

    We need to set the financial period/year on 20-30 reports before submitting. Else we have to change the database (F0010) and clear cache.

    Thanks
    Analyst/Developer
    E1: 9.2 | TR: 9.2.3.5 | JAS: WebLogic | ES: OS400
    DB: DB2 | WebDev Client: Win7Pro (64 bit), VS 2013

  2. #2
    Senior Member johndanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,398
    Hi

    I did make a note of this BSFN a while back, B96711? It uses API UpdateProcessingOptionData and this is used elsewhere but..... B9090001 is also client only as is N81A0090
    So I'm not sure we could make something to be run thin. I'm guessing these need to be run on the FAT client for the Dep/Ent server

    Maybe the BSFN could be cloned?

    There is a way to do this as a company called Steltix have a tool called Version Workbench
    Last edited by johndanter; 01-30-2020 at 08:08 AM.
    John Danter
    You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that do you, on a weekday?

    E900 TR 9.1.5.3 Unix

  3. #3
    New Member dpasanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by johndanter View Post
    Hi

    I did make a note of this BSFN a while back, B96711? It uses API UpdateProcessingOptionData and this is used elsewhere but..... B9090001 is also client only as is N81A0090
    So I'm not sure we could make something to be run thin. I'm guessing these need to be run on the FAT client for the Dep/Ent server

    Maybe the BSFN could be cloned?

    There is a way to do this as a company called Steltix have a tool called Version Workbench
    B96711 just does a jdeCallObject to UpdateProcessingOptionData (B9090001) so that won't work.

    I actually did basically make a copy of B9090001 with the intention of making it Client/Server. Had to take out the
    jdeobj.h include as well as tweak a couple other things (switch wsprintf to jdeSprintf and remove JDERTGetUserHandle). It still runs fine on the client box, but won't run correctly on our enterprise server (OS400). It appears the string I pull out of the blob field (F983051.vrpodata.lpValue) is all mangled (I assume character encoding issue or something).
    Analyst/Developer
    E1: 9.2 | TR: 9.2.3.5 | JAS: WebLogic | ES: OS400
    DB: DB2 | WebDev Client: Win7Pro (64 bit), VS 2013

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company and, or Oracle.