Thread: Oracle Cloud - JD Edwards Trial Edition

Oracle Cloud - JD Edwards Trial Edition

Hi folks. As some are aware, Oracle Cloud has a fully functional trial edition of E1 9.2 that is a free 1 month trial. I've gone through the process of registering and standing it up, and running the first time config and it all went smooth.

BUT - I cannot connect to the web server - that URL doesn't respond. According to the doco, it should be at the same i.p. address as the main service, with the nominated port and usual e1menu.maf suffix.

I see nowhere in the doco any mention of an address for the ServerManager and wonder if there's just no started web instance.

Has anyone here had success with this trial, and know what I'm missing?

Cheers
    JohnO
    Contract JD Edwards Development Consultant.
    EnterpriseOne Xe through 9.2. Windows/Unix/OS400. SQLServer/Oracle/DB2 for i.
    ER, C/C++, BI Publisher, SQL, DSI dcLink

My bad - missed the step adding in firewall rules to the VCN/public subnet.

This trial edition is actually very good. No development client - you'd need demoJR for that, but if you just want to demo the vanilla web application, UDO's, Orchestrator etc it works great.

If you want a dev client and full E1 install, use our AMI on AWS. Free use for a week and you can choose your pricing tiers. Check it out here:

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/s...nav_search_box

That looks very interesting - thanks.

I don't understand the sizing/pricing - for instance why is t3a.large cheaper per hour than say t2.large? How is the hourly charged - is it by connected time by user?

Any plan to update to 9.2.4 - really would want that.

We are pushing the 9.2.4.1 codeline onto the marketplace. Keep an eye out, it should be out there soon.

In regards to pricing it is charged by the hour. If you shut down the instance then you are charged if you have any associated storage on the EC2 instance. T2 is priced slightly higher due to the fact that t2 have a higher turbo clock frequency (up to 3.3GHz) than the t3 (up to 3.1GHz). Even though t3 is newer generation this is why you are seeing the price delta.

Thread Information