Launch Chrome by default from Web Dev Client - TR9.2.4.1

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
When launching the browser from either activConsole.exe or OMW is it possible to launch Chrome instead of IE? If so, where is that configured? We are on the latest tools release (TR9.2.4.1).

I did a little bit of looking last year. Couldn't find anything. Seems to be hard coded :(

One of the consultants helping us with our upgrade found this:

Oracle Support Document 1325607.1 (E1: INST: Frequently Asked Questions on Installing a Web Development Client)

From the Doc:
Question 9 - On Windows Web Development Clients the browser that is launched is Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome, which is set as the default browser. How can this be changed?
At this point the local web client is hard coded to run Internet Explorer. There is no option to change the default browser from Internet Explorer to another browser.
An Enhancement request has already been entered for this: Bug 17985427 : DEFAULT BROWSER ON WEB DEVELOPMENT CLIENT. This is not considered a BUG, but rather an enhancement.

As a workaround, you can copy the link from Internet Explorer and paste it into any other web browser.

It is. We have two JDE instances, one we just upgraded to the latest TR and on it it will launch the default browser which for us is Chrome.

There is no fix for TR < 9.2.5, just the workaround of copying the URL.

We are on TR 9.2.3.3, app Release 9.1
Copy the link to Edge or Chrome ist not working. I am getting a blank page
tried with local Weblogic 12.1.3 and 12.2.1.4

We are on TR 9.2.3.3, app Release 9.1
Copy the link to Edge or Chrome ist not working. I am getting a blank page
tried with local Weblogic 12.1.3 and 12.2.1.4
Did you try one of the certified browser versions or current ones?

1674581004308.png

Probably the best way to launch the supported browser of your choice on a Web Dev client will be a static URL and will simply take you to the login screen. The obvious downside is that you have to provide credentials, environment, role and log in, etc. instead of quickly launching the APPL from activeConsole.exe, OMW etc. and have it pass the session info to the browser, thus negating the need to go through this login process.

The URL will look something like this (this is what I have bookmarked in Chrome for our TR9.2.4.3 instance using WebLogic):
Code:
localhost:9200/jde/E1Menu.maf

Thank you,

we are using the latest version von Edge / Chrome, this is 'company' rule, browser updates are always rolled out.
We will try the static link, at the moment we are starting WEBDEV from active console

E1: 9.1, AS400, 9.2.3.3
E1: 9.2, AS400, 9.2.6.3 , no IE Problem :)

Back