"Media Object Viewer Add - File" loading very slow

MFreitag

MFreitag

Reputable Poster
Hi everybody,
i have a strange problem here. Since a few months te form "Media Object Viewer Add - File" is loading very slow.
This might be since our switch from 9.1.5.7 to 9.2.2.6 but none of the users could tell me for sure.

This can be replicated in any application, obviously:
2019-11-13 10_59_06-Work With Addresses.png
Use Attachments in Address Book e.g. - click on File and then ... wait ... some users report about up to two minutes. I just had to wait for 15 seconds as well...which might be the same considerung how users report problems :D
Until this form comes up:
2019-11-13 10_59_52-Work With Addresses.jpg

After this, Browse, Select, Upload etc. all work fine. The file share in the background has around 100k files in it and is very performant.
Does anybody ever had a problem like this or has an idea on how to solve it? I'm kind of clueless on how to approach this.

Sorry - reread your post. Yes, the problem is it scans all those files and you may have just generated the BSFN docs. Create a new queue, and start it with an A so it's first in the list. The problem should go away.

Also - adding this is a workaround to a bug - Doc ID 2576780.1

Last edited:
I opened a SR with Oracle about this as our problem seems to be a little different.

Are you still using ActiveX /IE?
If not ActiveX are your Media Objects in the database?

Just for a test, did you go in P98MOQUE, find the physical location for BusinessFunctionDoc, and try moving the files out of it temporarily (you can put it in a sub folder) to see if it improves performance? I went through this when I went to 9.2.3.3 and it cleared me right up. For some odd reason, it takes forever to scan that location to build the file list in that drop down there underneath BusinessFunctionDoc.

Sorry - reread your post. Yes, the problem is it scans all those files and you may have just generated the BSFN docs. Create a new queue, and start it with an A so it's first in the list. The problem should go away.

Also - adding this is a workaround to a bug - Doc ID 2576780.1

So in my case a separate SR was opened for me as my case was a little different to this bug. Nevertheless we tried creating an empty queue in P98MOQUE ("ADefaultQueue", pointing to an empty dir) and the long loading times were gone.
The thing is, BusinessFunctionDoc was in it's default state since 2009 and was never touched so there must've been a change inbetween 9.1.x and 9.2.x Tools Release (we all know there was, especially considering storing MO in the DB etc.). For that question i got the following answer:
There was some bug fixes in 9.2.* tools release on Media Object. Example : BUG 27759167 - URL ATTACHMENT LINKED TO UNC PATH DOES NOT RENDER IN CLASSIC MEDIA OBJECT VIEWER , In this bug, Development has modified code to handle UNC URL's correctly.

Since development has modified some codes, you could be seeing this in the new tools release. Many customers have used this dummy empty queue workaround to improve performance.

There is also a major change in Media Object in Tools 9.2.1 where Media Object files are moved from File System to Database. The F98MODAT table is introduced. Then in Tools 9.2.1.4, an alternative to uploading media object files to the database, you now have the option to choose between file system or database for Media Object File storage. However, although you still keep the file in the file system, system will still save a record into the F98MODAT table.
Starting 9.2.1.4, there is a server manager jas ini setting (StoreMedObjFilesInDB=) provided to choose between file system or Database for MOBJ storage. Please see Document "E1: MOBJ: Media Object Attachments Moved into the Database starting with Tools Release 9.2.1 ( Doc ID 2212744.2 )" for more detail.

There are other changes made to Media Object Functionality. Refer to the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Net Change for Tools Documentation Library ( https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E53430_01/EOTNC/software_updates.htm#EOTNC107 ) for more information.

From 9.2 tools release, SFTP support is introduced as well. Please see Document E1: MOBJ: How to Configure Media Objects to Work on the HTML / Web Client with FTP and SFTP (Generally a NON-Windows Web Server) ( Doc ID 2043611.1 ) for more detail.

So whoever stumbles upon this thread: try creating a new queue in P98MOQUE at the top of the list, type 01 and point it to an empty directory.

Hello [U]schojo44[/U]

I believe that We have the same issue. We added Adefault folder and it resolved some issues.

Did Oracle resolve the issue for your SR?

Could you please let me know the SR number?

Thank you for your help

Hello [U]schojo44[/U]

I believe that We have the same issue. We added Adefault folder and it resolved some issues.

Did Oracle resolve the issue for your SR?

Could you please let me know the SR number?

Thank you for your help

They just told us to do the empty queue trick and that did it.

Back