Thread: TIN (Tax ID # / EIN / SSN) validation check API

TIN (Tax ID # / EIN / SSN) validation check API

Hi,

As part of registering Subcontractors, we would like to validate the Tax Identification Numbers (TIN) against the Company name / Individual Name - which would include EIN matching against a Company Name and/or SSN matching against a Person Name, on a real time (instant) basis via a call to some REST API.

I have come across irs.gov, which has a batch mechanism of doing this and provides a response in 24 odd hours by taking in and giving back a text file.

I have also come across (google search) a couple private companies that offer a API for lookup.

Checking to see if anyone has experience doing this kind of a validation, and what kind of a service / Web Service / API you are using and what has been your experience.

Thanks,
    JDE Kid
    Applications Release - 9.2
    Tools Release - 9.2.2.2
    Oracle
    Linux

We implemented this for clients using Tincheck (tincheck.com). Real time from JDE as they enter/validate address records.
    Regards,

Hari Sharma
    Aellius
    EnterpriseOne: Integration (.Net, Web Services) | Output Management | Monitoring

Thanks Hari and sorry for the delayed response.

I am hoping someone from the group shares experience using EIN Finder - one of the private service providers and the one we may end up going with.

Thanks,
    JDE Kid
    Applications Release - 9.2
    Tools Release - 9.2.2.2
    Oracle
    Linux

Thread Information