Loading just the specs and data from an ESU, not the C & H files

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
All, We had total failure and I lost BOTH my 8.12 and 9.1 deployment servers.

On the 8.12 server I lost the C: drive, on the 9.1 server I lost my Oracle E1Local DB for Planner AND my backups on a completely different server. Allow me to say I was not impressed...

Anyway, I am to the point on my 9.1 server where I have recovered my 9.1 Planner, to the point it ships at. My next task is to install my ESU's, however I still have the .c and .h files in my planner directory (I only lost the E1Local DB, so everything in the file structure is still there)

Any guidance on how to go about this. I'm thinking that I could remove the .c & .h files from the directory created as part of the install, but am worried that they will be recreated. I could also save off my source/include directories before installing ESUs, but am checking if there are any other ideas.

If you want to find out the story about how I lost all this, in spite of our best efforts at backups, you'll need to find me a conference and buy my a beer ;)

Tom

If you want to find out the story about how I lost all this, in spite of our best efforts at backups, you'll need to find me a conference and buy my a beer ;)

Unfortunately I probably don't have anything to contribute that would be helpful to you. But I think you should present this at Collaborate or Infocus, etc. and let us know if you do. Would definitely be a session I would plan to attend.

Is there a reason you want to just install the specs and not the c/h files? When you say "install the ESU", you are referring to the local install on the deployment server, right (i.e. running the Jxyz.exe)?

Hari,

The reason is that I had to recreate ONLY the E1Local DB. I was able to recover the stuff in the file system, EXCEPT for the transportable tablespaces. Hence my JDEPLAN specs are out of date. I have already installed the proper planner ESU. Thank goodness ESU history is stored on the ES also.

Tom

Back