Question on P41002 , Table F41002 fields EXPO and EXSO

jdedwardsuser

Hello Experts - I have a question related to Item UOM conversion application fields , specifically EXSO and EXPO , which in application reads as exclude from SO , exclude from PO respectively . Can someone pls explain and guide as to how these fields work , what additional setups , if any , are needed for this to work . We tried going as per name , and tried to turn it on and then clear browser cache and also jas related cache from server manager , logged out , logged back in and tried to put an UOM which we say excluded from SO (when I say excluded meaning all conversion lines related to that UOM was excluded ) , tried on PO but nothing happened , it allowed it and no error .

Apologies in advance if this has been posted before and answered , but I could not find it , so reposting as a new thread . To provide additional info , we are on jde version 9.1 , tools release 9.1.5 , we are I series based

Any help comment reference to detail document for this , would be very much appreciated . Thanks

Did you check out document
Unit of Measure Conversion (P41002/P41003) (Doc ID 2102783.2)
If Exclude from SO (EXSO), is set to 1, then the "To UOM" is not to be considered valid for a Sales Order. If the user tries to use the unit of measure in a sales order, the system will respond with the Error "Unit of Measure Invalid for Item" (0298). A value of 'Y' can be entered but will not exclude the item - only value '1' works.
For the EXSO to work as expected, the processing option under Default tab #8 Default Transaction Unit of Measure needs to be used to retrieve pricing UOM instead of Primary UOM while creating the Sales Order. The default pricing UOM will be retrieved in the Sales Order and an error will be thrown if the order entry person tries to enter sales order in Primary UOM.
If Exclude from PO (EXPO), is set to 1, then the "To UOM" is not to be considered valid for a Purchase Order. If the user tries to use the unit of measure in a purchase order, the system will respond with the Error " Unit of Measure Conversion Unsuccessful" (0269). A value of 'Y' can be entered but will not exclude the item - only value '1' works.
Note: For the ‘Exclude’ functionality to work, the flag must be set in the P41002 AND there must be no conversion between the 2 units of measure in the P41003 Standard UOM Conversions program; if the second condition is not met, the system will use the P41003 values and no error will be triggered.

Thanks Marcia for your insight and response .
In our case on sales side , unfortunately the kind of business we are in , we cannot default to pricing UOM , so we have to default to primary UOM only , so as per your reply above and as per jde , then this wont work
On the PO side , we tested but it did not work for us and did not give us the error , we will try that once more .

We only make sure to have item specific UOM in F41002 , we have removed and cleared all F41003

Back