Full package deployment v/s update package deployment

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
I usually do the the update package deployment. For the first time, I have to do the full package deployment.

• What kind of necessary precautions I have to take before a full package deployment ?
  • Are the steps same ?

Full pkg will basically build all objects and takes longer, around a day to complete the build.

It depends on how often you deploy, for small shop mostly full build are done twice/once a year some do it quarterly.

Steps are most of same except you select Full pkg in assembly and new name.

Full pkg will basically build all objects and takes longer, around a day to complete the build.

Holy cow, that's a long time - what is your setup? :D

on topic: A Full Package will also clear your java tables and web objects will either be generated on demand the first time you open them on the web or you generate them with eGenerator

Holy cow, that's a long time - what is your setup? :D

on topic: A Full Package will also clear your java tables and web objects will either be generated on demand the first time you open them on the web or you generate them with eGenerator

Well it does take around 6-7 hrs for us.

Chan

Chan, You may want to increase the number of concurrent compiles you allow. I've found on the IBM i that most of time is taken by the build of the service programs. Though I've also found that JDE does single row inserts when copying the specs to the package tables, instead of create table..select. You should be able to take off a couple hours.

Tom

Back