Web Client (IE/Firefox) empty application and truncated menus

ONYX

ONYX

Well Known Member
Hello All,
Web clients/browsers started recently showing a blank screen instead of an application contents.
Menus are also truncated to the top level menu only and it is not possible to expand further.

Please have a look at the screenshots below.
Looks like some obscure browser security settings, windows update or newly installed application messed up with the rendering of the applications.

On my JDE 9.2 standalone it is broken in IE 11, but works well in FF 68 - second picture
On one of the JDE 9.1 development workstations it is broken for both IE and FF - first picture

I would assume this has been experienced multiple times and somebody has knowledge how to resolve.

Regards,
Sergii.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 36
Make sure you are using compatibility mode. I have similar issues all the time when the browser isn't in this mode.

Tom

I think I'm seeing similar issues, though right now it's limited to a single Windows 10 workstation (fortunately mine, somehow). Firefox, Edge, and Chrome work fine, but IE11 isn't rendering the menu properly. The top-level is there, but I'm unable to drill down through it to lower levels. See attached screenshot menu.jpg. The small number of applications that I've tested aren't loading properly, either. The grids and QBE fields are there, but the task bar is weird, and some elements aren't rendering properly. See attachment p4210.jpg.

It may be worth noting that I also had a Windows 7 workstation with the same issue, but that machine has since been reformatted and the problem doesn't exist anymore. So it's not specifically a Windows 10 and IE11 issue. I've also got a bunch of other Windows 10 workstations that have no problems with JDE in IE11. Same version of IE11 as the broken one.

I've been working with Oracle Support, but so far no luck. We've tried various levels of compatibility mode and other browser settings, as well as applying latest roll-up patches to the workstation, but no luck as of yet. She hasn't found any documentation internally, either.

Attachments

• p4210.jpg
    p4210.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 19
  • menu.jpg
    menu.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for reply, Tom.
I have tried compatibility mode without any luck.

David,
I am getting the same behavior as yours in regards to truncated menus.
However, in your case screen controls do exist on pages, whereas I am getting a blank screen under window titles.

Here is one more thing, on another Windows 7 machine under Firefox I can see contents of pages generated on a remote server.
However, local web-dev feature generated pages are blank.

weird ...

Hit this issue a long time ago on IE. From our investigations it appeared that UI was using browser local storage as a form of cache and that it was exceeded the hard limits for this in IE without handling it. So basically it would download parts of the menu, go to write it to local storage but ignore the errors thrown by the browser and then attempt to read the menu back out of local storage. Of course it wouldn't find it but it also wouldn't handle that error so the result was a somewhat random appearing issue of parts of the UI not rendering. So if you completely cleared the cache/local storage you would get things to work again but a browser refresh wouldn't help because local storage content is retained across refreshes.

Back