Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Export entire code base

Export entire code base

Does anyone know if there is a command line tool to export the entire code base in E1?

I am writing a script that needs to pull the entire code base from our Dev/QA environment. I know Object Browser does something similar however it crashes after a few minutes.

What is your goal? What are you trying to accomplish?
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.2 - TR 9.2.2.6 on Win 2016 R2. SQL Server 2016
    Wintel, BI Publisher

We have a few such tools, but as Larry mentioned, it would largely depend on what it's for and how you intend to use it afterwards...
    Regards,
    Alexander Pastuhov
    http://www.everestsoftint.com/

Having a history by versioning our changes every time they are made.

In Object broswer, I can export the project. However, this would involve manual intervention. Instead my desired solution would be a script would call some command line tool to export the code base and drops it in some file and then it will push it to a version control tool.

Or even a file path to where a staging directory is would be awesome too before projects are moved to production.

Object Browser does have a command line option, run it from a command line with -h to get the list of options. I heard from one user who hooked it up to OMW and exported each object as it was checked in. Then merged with a versioning system as you described.

Craig
    Craig Welton
    PatWel Group Inc.
    http://www.patwel.com
    Home of the FREE JDE Object Browser, JDETrace, NERDup and BusBuild+ Tools

E1 9.0 8.98.4.2 Wintel SQL 2008
    E1 9.2 9.2.1.4 iSeries

Quote Originally Posted by craig_welton View Post
    Object Browser does have a command line option, run it from a command line with -h to get the list of options. I heard from one user who hooked it up to OMW and exported each object as it was checked in. Then merged with a versioning system as you described.

Craig
    Thats an interesting concept. I have always toyed with that idea for some time especially since OMW "Version Control" really doesn't have previous versions of code. Or at least it didn't used to. My understanding is that the newer Tools Releases have this ability. I have run a POC with C BSFNs for some time now using Git but had never moved beyond C source to the serialized objects.
    Brian Oster
    Application Development Manager
    E1: 9.0 (TR9.1.5.1) / 9.2 (TR9.2.2.2)
    JAS/BSSV: Weblogic 12.1.2 / Weblogic 12.2
    ES: Win2008 / Win2016
    DB: MSSQL 2014 / 2016
    WebDev Client: Win7Pro / Win10Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BOster View Post
    Thats an interesting concept. I have always toyed with that idea for some time especially since OMW "Version Control" really doesn't have previous versions of code. Or at least it didn't used to. My understanding is that the newer Tools Releases have this ability. I have run a POC with C BSFNs for some time now using Git but had never moved beyond C source to the serialized objects.
    Exactly what we are trying to accomplish, exporting the changed objects into a staging folder and my script would run and push into our git repository.

Quote Originally Posted by craig_welton View Post

Craig
    Craig,

I was able to run Object Browser via the cmd line, just a question how did the user setup his omw to export objects upon check in? That sounds amazing, then we can create this for all the developers and commit our changes more frequently and get a better history of changes.

Also for anyone who is wondering how to access Object Browser via the cmd line, navigate to the install directory or create a path code so you can access it whenever.
    picqwefsa.jpg

Our software manages this at build time. Check us out at www.autodeploy.net and please reach out anytime.

AFAIK he modified OMW to call OB at time of check-in passing parms for object, destination folder etc. To Brian's point, latest JDE does store a zipped object version at check-in, but I don't think that would work in a version control, source based system. I suppose the OB code for exporting objects could be moved to a JDE BSFN so it could be called directly.
    Craig Welton
    PatWel Group Inc.
    http://www.patwel.com
    Home of the FREE JDE Object Browser, JDETrace, NERDup and BusBuild+ Tools

E1 9.0 8.98.4.2 Wintel SQL 2008
    E1 9.2 9.2.1.4 iSeries

Thread Information