JDE E1 DEMO Unable to locate Security Server

fouadch

Hi All,

I'm unable to login to jde demo console since a while, seems like some file settings are corrupted, I checked "tnsnames" files setting but that look okay.
Can someone help to fix it...:)

thanks,

Fouad

I had the same issue, but forgot what I did to overcome.
Please give some time to check and reply.

Please let me know if you receive any kind of error during the installation ?

Thanks, it was all working perfectly ever since installed this JDE 9.2 standalone application back in 2017.... :) however I haven't used it since last 6 month and now when latest when I am trying to login came across with this error, not too sure why?

Did you change something in jde.ini? Not as I'm aware of, but it be worth verifying it. can you tell me what do I need to ensure in JDE.ini file?

Did you wait long enough after starting services? Security server is mimicked by jdenet_n in DEMO920 / Standalone Yes it roughly takes 2 minute on validating DEMO/DEMO login credential and eventually prompt with error message [Unable to Locate Security Server]

There're heaps of errors in the log file. I can't get my head around all of these. see attached log detail. Any idea how to fix them. ta :)

Check the jde.log and post some relevant error messages if any.

Hi Saikiran, there're heaps of errors in the log file. I can't get my head around all of these. see attached log detail. Any idea how to resolve the problem. ta :)

Attachments

• jde.log,file.txt
    30.2 KB · Views: 28
Hi Saikiran, there're heaps of errors in the log file. I can't get my head around all of these. see attached log detail. Any idea how to resolve the problem. ta :)

Look at the TAM errors, the rest is fine/normal for DEMO or a direct consequence from a TAM error

The first error message: "TAMInitX (c:\e920_1\system\bin32\jdekrnl.xdb): Error opening index file "c:\e920_1\system\bin32\jdekrnl.xdb" : The system cannot find the file specified. WinErrNum=2. No such file or directory. Std C errno=2." is your problem.

The file "c:\e920_1\system\bin32\jdekrnl.xdb" that doesn't appear to be present is the bootstrap specs for EnterpriseOne. Without it, the software can't talk to the base startup tables it needs to initialize a user session.

The first error message: "TAMInitX (c:\e920_1\system\bin32\jdekrnl.xdb): Error opening index file "c:\e920_1\system\bin32\jdekrnl.xdb" : The system cannot find the file specified. WinErrNum=2. No such file or directory. Std C errno=2." is your problem.

The file "c:\e920_1\system\bin32\jdekrnl.xdb" that doesn't appear to be present is the bootstrap specs for EnterpriseOne. Without it, the software can't talk to the base startup tables it needs to initialize a user session.
Thanks dude for your time and assistance... :) i got that there's some missing file from the given directory path now how do i get there and rebuild or reinstall the missing file source to give it a try.. appreciate if you can share the steps to make it work. Cheers

Thanks Saikiran, i don't know how to resolve it, i got that the file "jdekrnl.xdb" file from the given directory TAMInitX (c:\e920_1\system\bin32\jdekrnl.xdb)

Thanks dude for your time and assistance... :) i got that there's some missing file from the given directory path now how do i get there and rebuild or reinstall the missing file source to give it a try.. appreciate if you can share the steps to make it work. Cheers

Ideally you would grab jdekrnl.ddb and jdekrnl.xdb out of the .par file that you installed from and saved off just-in-case. ;)

Worst case, try, in the client system/bin32 (this may not match what was shipped if you've modded your env in some improper way):
Code:
> krnlspec -RegenFromEnv

Last edited:
Well i tried this trick but still no success....:( I think my last resort would be to uninstall demo and redo it from scratch....:eek:

The JDEKRNL errors are troubling. Are those files really missing? They are necessary for services to start properly.

As for the other errors, they seem to be a product of being unable to connect to the E1Local database. Are you able to query it outside of E1?

Back