Transfer Order Customer Details

JMast

Reputable Poster
Hello All,

We are just getting into using ST/OT processing. I have created versions of P42101/P4210/P4310 and set them up with our options and the needed changes for transfers. However, I don't seem to find anything in the documentation on customer details. For example, we want to create the ST in branch 100 and the OT will be branch 125. These are defined as F (facilities) Search Type in Address Book. So, I get errors in order header. Also, what are the entries needed on the customer in Customer Master?

If you could provide tips or point me to an article on the customer details I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jer

Hi Jer!

On the ST order, the ship-to and Sold-To is the AB# of the receiving branch 125 (AB# from Branch plant constants)
You will need to create customer master record for this AB# and define it as Address type "X" Bill-to and Ship-To in customer billing instructions

On the OT order, the supplier is the sending branch (100) so you will need to create a supplier master record for the AB# of branch 100

The search type itself should not matter at all but you may receive the annoying warning that search type is invalid. You can ignore this warning

Hope this helps
Aarto

Excellent reply, Aarto, that worked.

I am now on to the next set of errors in SO Entry when I add a line and tab out related to currency code, blanks invalid and record invalid. The challenges of setting up a new process continue.

Jer

If this is still for the transfer order.. Did you set up default currency on the customer master record for the "TO" branch?
If you're operating in multi currency environment, it's rather important that you define the default currency for each customer, including your branch/plants

Because P4210 in Transfer mode does not show the full header, you cannot see if the currency is defaulting to your ST order so maybe it's blank in customer master?

Hello Aarto,

I do have the currency set in Customer Master. I actually didn't include invalid business unit in the list of errors in my previous reply. I wonder if that is the root error. The branch is set up in F0006 and it matches branch 100 which we have been using for SO for years. I restarted the server, so caching is not an issue. I don't have any red boxes on my P42101 detail grid telling which BU is erroring.

I am working on debugging, but also wondering if there is a processing option business unit that is incorrect.

Thanks again for the help,

jer

Well I would assume your header BUs (sender and receiver) are not giving you errors and that the sending business unit is copied to your SO detail line?

Also, does the product you're transferring have an item/branch record in both sending and receiving branches?
If you're still getting errors, one way of checking these is to raise a stand-alone ST order (using P4210 version that does not create an OT order) and see if that is generating an error. Ship-To and Sold-To is the AB# of branch 125
If no error on stand-alone ST order, try creating a stand-alone OT purchase order and see if that is the cause of the error. Supplier = sending branch (100) AB#. Seems to me that your error comes from the system failing to generate a purchase order, possibly because supplier master record or item/branch record is missing.

Hope this helps
Aarto

Aarto,

Wow, you are being very helpful. I haven't had much time to work on this today until now. I followed your suggestion and both the stand alone ST and stand alone OT work with no errors. I used the same versions as before, I just turned off the Transfer Order Processing option on P4210. So, I have an issue somewhere in the data or processing options.

Hello Aarto, unfortunately, that would be a yes. The Sales Order Management pdf from Oracle that I am using doesn't mention that in the Transfer Orders section. However, it does not refer to P42101 either so I should have caught that. I just did a search on "transfer" and it does state, in the section on P42101 Processing Options, that the P42101 ignores the transfer processing option on P4210. I wouldn't have had reason to look at that section.

So, it looks like you have solved the problems.

Thank you, again, for excellent help.

Jer

Back