Software will expire in 7 days

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
There is a similar post available at https://www.jdelist.com/vb4/showthread.php?t=12309

Since morning, when I open JDE fat client, we are receiving a message stating that "Software will expire in 7 days". Please have a look at the attached image.
From the above post, I understood that it is message coming before 60 days of expiry. Today is 23rd June 2019, so after 60 days it will be 23rd September 2019.

Now, what will happen to our JDE system after this date ?
Will only the fat client stop?
Or all the component will be stopped (including web client)?

As we are still on 8.12 and no plan to upgrade(so no active My Oracle Support now), how should we overcome the situation ?

Attachments

• JDE Expiry.jpg
    JDE Expiry.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Solved.

Added the below line in JDE.ini and it solved the key checking.

Code:
[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
BDSEC=ROBIN

We are in XE, I updated the .INI file, but still getting the message. Any ideas?

aidy,

I never ever thought Robin would be our savior...:D

Last edited:
Who would have thought that Jim Foos' dogs name would be so important 20 years later....

I'm sure there is an interesting story behind Jim Foos and his dog, Jon!

How about JDE Xe ( using thru Citrix ) ? We have tried this BDSEC=ROBIN, but still getting the license message.

Hi Caraway, just add one entry in JDE.ini as follows,

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
BDSEC=ROBIN

Everyone, thanks for the help, had to install it on all machines, and the deployment machine.

Yes. On all machines.
We have changed in all installed fat clients and server.

However the end day of this old JDE version is 18/02/2038, causing the 32bit application crash. You can try play around the date in your pc to test it up.

Back