Menu Filtering Copying Role Changes from PY to PD - Asap Help

cezar121

Hi guys,

Im trying to assign some menus to an role. Im doing those changes on PY enviroment and then I wanna copy to it PD.
I checked the documentation and I did step by step.

Thing is... the changes I made (VIEW BY ROLE, SELECT ROLE, ACTIVE MENUS/TASKS AND SAVE), they re not going to OMW Objects. I have it clear. Seems like nothing to Promote.

What I have to do?
Please, I need help ASAP.

Thx so much

We typically just copy the contents of that role from the F9006 table from one environment to another. Couple gotchas: The table is usually mapped to your control table data source. Only copy the records where TDVARNAME= <your role>. Sometimes it might be better to delete any existing records in the environment into which you are copying the data since there might be existing data that conflicts with what you are changing.

We typically just copy the contents of that role from the F9006 table from one environment to another. Couple gotchas: The table is usually mapped to your control table data source. Only copy the records where TDVARNAME= <your role>. Sometimes it might be better to delete any existing records in the environment into which you are copying the data since there might be existing data that conflicts with what you are changing.

thx for reply!
point is... the changes I made arent supposed to appear on OMW objects?

cezar121,

There will be an object created in your default OMW project. Tt will be of the format something like:

<taskview>|<parenttaskid>|<childtaskid>|<varientName> - <taskviewdescription> : <parenttaskiddescription> : <childtaskiddescription>

Where <variantname> will be the role.

You probably have OMW logging off in your Solution Explorer Security (Type A record in P00950/F00950)

Look at this doc for a more detailed explanation

E1: OMW: OMW Logging Setting in Solution Explorer Security (Doc ID 650077.1)

Not sure what version of E1 you are on, but when we upgraded to 9.2 last year, we noticed that created tasks were no longer going into our default OMW projects. Relationships were, but not the tasks. We opened an SR with Oracle and I see bug 28078245 is now fixed. As the work around, we used the object search window in OMW to manually move the solution explorer tasks into our projects that we needed for promotion into other environments.

Oracle has the all inclusive task view promotion as a replacement to teh old P9864A process. The OMW promotion will take the entire taskview (once you add it to a project) and copy the data up (F9000, F9001, F9002, F9006)

Back