How to get Node Manager to start admin server with different memory options

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
I am trying to get WLS 10.3.5 running on Java 7 to enable TLS 1.2, you can see what I had to do to get AdminServer started in this thread: https://www.jdelist.com/vb4/showthread.php?t=54755

Now I am trying to get NodeManager to start the AdminServer, but it isn't using the memory startup options I would Like.

Here is what I have tried:

1) With AdminServer up using statWebLogic.cmd, I have changed the startup options tab to contain: -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=512M -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M
2) Using the information on this page: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25054_01/web.1111/e13740/overview.htm I have tried using the makePropertiesObject command and then start as follows:
prps=makePropertiesObject("-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=512M -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M")
nmStart('AdminServer',props=prps);
I have tried using both single and double quotes in both lines to no avail. Please note that the nodemanager.log doesn't show any of the values in prps variable. The command line is always (cut from log)
<May 30, 2019 1:15:54 PM> <INFO> <JDE> <AdminServer> <Starting WebLogic server with command line: C:\Java7\jre\bin\java -Dweblogic.Name=AdminServer -Djava.security.policy=D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.policy -Djava.library.path="D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\x64;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\bin;C:\Java7\jre\bin;C:\Java7\bin;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\x64\oci920_8;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;;." -Djava.class.path=.;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1035\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\patch_ocp360\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\Java7\lib\tools.jar;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.jar;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\modules\features\weblogic.server.modules_10.3.5.0.jar;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\webservices.jar;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\modules\ORGAPA~1.1/lib/ant-all.jar;D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\modules\NETSFA~1.0_1/lib/ant-contrib.jar -Dweblogic.system.BootIdentityFile=D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\JDE\servers\AdminServer\security\boot.properties -Dweblogic.nodemanager.ServiceEnabled=true weblogic.Server >

Does anyone know how to do this?

Tom

I have also tried using the ...\AdminServer\data\nodemanager\startup.properties file.

Tom

Back