Thread: WebLogic 10.3.5 and Java 7

WebLogic 10.3.5 and Java 7

I am trying to install WebLogic 10.3.5 using Java 7 as I have a requirement to use TLS 1.2

After some work I have the AdminServer starting, but when I try to access the URL I get a 404.

Has anyone successfully installed 10.3.5 using Java 7, and gotten the AdminServer to work?

Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cleindori Consulting
    8.12/8.98.4.14, 9.1/9.1.5.3, 9.2/9.2.0.5/6
    IBM i, WebLogic on Windows, DBCS, Global installations.

I thought I'd update this for others.

I found that the URL given by the installer is wrong, you can connect using this URL: http://localhost:7001/console/login/LoginForm.jsp

Also you have to change the setDomainEnv.cmd (maybe setDomainEnv.sh in Linux) to have -Xms2048 -Xmx2048 -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M, in the %MEM_ARGS% variable.

In startWebLogic.cmd I also ended up putting -Dweblogic.RootDirectory=D:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\user_pr ojects\domains\<domain> as part of MEM_ARGS right before the "echo starting weblogic with Java version' line.

This is definitely a hack, but I have it up and running.

My next issue is trying to get the NodeManager to start the AdminServer using these values.

I will open a new thread for that.

Tom
    Cleindori Consulting
    8.12/8.98.4.14, 9.1/9.1.5.3, 9.2/9.2.0.5/6
    IBM i, WebLogic on Windows, DBCS, Global installations.

Thread Information