Thread: Emailing from Transorm - Get non-deliverable messages if bad address

Question Emailing from Transorm - Get non-deliverable messages if bad address

We want to email invoices from Transform to our customers. My problem is not getting a return message when the To email address is invalid. Can anyone supply the correct setup to ensure we are notified of undeliverable emails?

TIA
    Sr. Business Systems Analyst
    OFS Fitel, LLC
    E1 9.0 Upd 2, T/R 9.1.0.3, Oracle DB 11g, Server:Win 2008 R2 64 Bit, Client: Win 7 & IE8 & Bottomline Transform

Hi Tmackin,

First thing, your question should be in the FormScape forum and not Create!form

Second, this is a function of your SMTP Server and not Transform.

I've never heard of bi-directional communication from an SMTP server email address back to Transform.

This should be a function of the actual email address inbox.

This may be possible, but would certainly be very advanced setup if even doable.

Maybe others can comment on this.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Horton; 05-01-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Just a follow up:

I tested this with another client and they DO get notified if the email address is invalid.

I checked their email setup in Transform, very basic, nothing special.

He indicated to me this is purely initiated by the SMTP server.

I'll send you the email server info that gets sent back to the TO address, hope it helps.

Mark

Thread Information