Decimal Issue - period instead of comma in entry forms

KoopmanW

Hi,

We are using JDE globally and all the settings are NA based.
For the users in Europe we have the issue that when they enter an amount in Voucher Entry or Sales Order, the period on the numpad side of the keyboard is used as period instead of comma.
We don't use any localizations, all is by default. I do have the setting on the show a comma as decimal separator.

I am wondering if this is a setting that can not be changed in JDE or if this is something that can be changed by a setting in JDE?

We are at the moment upgrading to the 9.2 version, so i would like to test it here when possible.

If someone can help me with this, much appreciated.

Willem

Hi Willem! The regional settings (date display, separator characters) are controlled by the user profile options P0092. You would set the european user profiles to use period instead of comma as decimal separator. This does not require any "localizations"

Hope this helps
Aarto

Hi Willem! The regional settings (date display, separator characters) are controlled by the user profile options P0092. You would set the european user profiles to use period instead of comma as decimal separator. This does not require any "localizations"

Hope this helps
Aarto

This is it - otherwise their local browser/os setting or localization (which is most likely european) will be used.

Hi Aarto & Schojo44,

Thanks for your reply. Good to know that this should be the way to go forward with.
As European user we should get used that numbers shows as the value 10,500.25 instead of 10.500,25?

Am i right to say it is a choice of the user to show the amount in the "american" way, but at least the period on the numpad is working as expected.
Or use the "european" form as numbers, but then use the comma on the keyboard.

Back