Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Combining taxable & non taxable items into a single line item on sales order/invoice

  1. #1

    Combining taxable & non taxable items into a single line item on sales order/invoice

    I am attempting to do a setup that our business users have requested, whereby we have agreed with some of our customers to a combined pricing deal which includes multiple items/services. Some of the items are taxable and some are non taxable. Another reason for the multiple items is the desire to control revenue allocation for each component item. At the end of the day, we want to present an invoice to the customer for "Item D" at $100 per unit. Item D is comprised of items A, B and C. Items A and B are both taxable and Item C is not. Item A and Item B will both have different GL class codes for revenue allocation purposes.

    I'm currently looking at a series of line level "do not print on document" adjustments, but I'm not sure that is the right approach for my "hidden item rollup" on the sales order/invoice. Has anyone else done something like this in advanced pricing? A point in the right direction would be much appreciated.




    Daniel

  2. #2
    Senior Member Larry_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Spokane, WA, USA
    Posts
    3,227
    Have you looked at Sales Kits?
    Invoice Print (R42565) has a processing option for whether or not to print Kit Component Lines.
    Taxation splitting though ...? Not sure about that.
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.2 - TR 9.2.2.6 on Win 2016 R2. SQL Server 2016
    Wintel, BI Publisher

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Jones View Post
    Have you looked at Sales Kits?
    Invoice Print (R42565) has a processing option for whether or not to print Kit Component Lines.
    Taxation splitting though ...? Not sure about that.
    I haven't tried sales kits yet. I will give that a shot and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion!

    There is an adjustment type of "do not print on document", but it doesn't allow you to specify the taxability like the "print on document detached" adjustment type. So I'm not sure that that's going to work unless we modify the bi publisher output, which I'm trying to avoid.



    Daniel

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwebb83 View Post
    I haven't tried sales kits yet. I will give that a shot and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion!

    There is an adjustment type of "do not print on document", but it doesn't allow you to specify the taxability like the "print on document detached" adjustment type. So I'm not sure that that's going to work unless we modify the bi publisher output, which I'm trying to avoid.



    Daniel
    anybody got suggestions? Looks like sales kits may be specific to configurator?

  5. #5
    Member Aarto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwebb83 View Post
    anybody got suggestions? Looks like sales kits may be specific to configurator?
    Hi there
    Sales kits are not same as configurator, you can use kits in "Stand-alone" mode (just a matter of defining a parent item with correct stocking type + create a BoM with the children.
    Worth noting, however, is that JDE does not support kits if you create sales orders through integration (web services, EDI or Z-tables) It only works when creating orders using P4210. However, it should also work if using Orchestration

    https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01...htm#EOAIM00091
    https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01...htm#EOABC00285

    Hope this helps
    Aarto
    Last edited by Aarto; 04-23-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    Aarto Reponen

    Managing Director, xperitus Denmark Aps - Your JDE experts in Scandinavia

    LinkedIn

  6. #6
    Senior Member Larry_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Spokane, WA, USA
    Posts
    3,227
    No - kits are not part of configurator.
    You do have to define your kit in a 1 level BOM but the similarities end there.
    Your main (parent) Item has to have a Stocking Type of K.
    Components in the Kit Bill can be Optional or Required.

    If your company doesn't do Mfg I can understand that many of the concepts are foreign.
    Larry Jones
    E1 9.2 - TR 9.2.2.6 on Win 2016 R2. SQL Server 2016
    Wintel, BI Publisher

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarto View Post
    Hi there
    Sales kits are not same as configurator, you can use kits in "Stand-alone" mode (just a matter of defining a parent item with correct stocking type + create a BoM with the children.
    Worth noting, however, is that JDE does not support kits if you create sales orders through integration (web services, EDI or Z-tables) It only works when creating orders using P4210. However, it should also work if using Orchestration

    https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01...htm#EOAIM00091
    https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01...htm#EOABC00285

    Hope this helps
    Aarto

    ah, I think the integration part may get us. These are all created via a soa integration. I'm also wondering if it would give me the flexibility of defining a particular sale price for each kit component item.


    Daniel

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company and, or Oracle.