emails in lower environments

Gov

Hello,

We are getting frustrated with test invoices being sent to customer in lower environments. I think this is common issue during a project delivery. I am curious to know what best practices you guys used during this scenario

Requirement -

1) Do not send BIP output like invoices, statements to customers in lower environment testing

Not an option -

1) Blanking out Email table/ replacing all emails with an employee email is not an option. We like to consider this as last option when no best available options

What we tried -

we tried mail trap, but, with no success. if anyone had success, we like to pursue this way as well

Thanks for all your input. Have a great day/ evening

Whenever we refresh from Prod to PY or DV, we always scrub e-mail addresses and replace them with a single internal e-mail address, and then just look for output coming to that e-mail address. It's simple and keeps test files from being sent to outside entities.

Whenever we refresh from Prod to PY or DV, we always scrub e-mail addresses and replace them with a single internal e-mail address, and then just look for output coming to that e-mail address. It's simple and keeps test files from being sent to outside entities.

Thanks Don! In this project delivery we are in, customer migration is priority. We need business group to validate customer email as well in their validation for signoff. So no way for us wipe out customer email addresses.

This is just me speculating so now idea if it would work (although we do something that is similar in spirit here at my organization).

In the lower environments can you specify a different mail server in jde.ini and then redirect mail for certain domains/users, etc. at the new mail server?

I was going to suggest you just don't specify a mail server in the lower environments. Let the e-mail portion fail

Tom

What we do in our other environments upon a refresh from PD, is change the messaging indicator flag from 1 to 0 which turns off the emails for that environment. That way we don't have to touch the email address themselves. They are still there for when we may want someone to do some testing, then we just manually change it from a 0 to a 1 for testing.
We have a little SQL script that flips that flag after the refresh.

We are using BIP for invoices, so I will assume you are also. In the Burst settings P95620, we specify a test email address as the From Email Address Override. We then put a rule on the email server to redirect outgoing mail from that address to an internal mailbox.

Back