Flat file cross reference

adeel

VIP Member
Hello.
Is anyone knows which BSFN has flat file layout for time cards?
I matched the flat file layout with z table structure and it is not lining up. Any feedback will be helpful.

Could you give a little more detail on what you are doing? Are you using a specific UBE to load your time card flat file?

Yes it is batch upload R47002c which import csv file in f060116z1.
It is s payroll process. Not know too much business side. Thanks Brain.

Hi, I think your problem is the size of the timecard file F06116Z1 = 4,879 characters. The business function B4700240 states the maximum length per line is 4,095. You could write your own table conversion to do the same thing or customize the business function to make its buffer larger.

Kim
I just want to know why our csv file fields does not match with table fo60611z1 structure (field by field) but it works when we run UBE.
The 1st field is "2" in csv which I believe represent detail but in table this does not even exists.

Hi, Are we possibly talking about two different tables? JDE Payroll has many tables with confusing similar names. For example, the time card Z table is F06116Z1 while the Employee Master Z table is F060116Z. If you want to verify table layouts, a good reference for details of JDE tables is jderef.com - it's a lot quicker than messing around with OMW tools.

My guess is the 2, tells the z program which z file the line goes in. so the 2 is now defined implicitly by which table you are talking about.

Tom

The table F06116Z1 we setup in p47002 and csv layout is below but if you look the table structure with field by field it does not match with the file layout below.

"2","ADEELA"," "," ","10"," ","1"," "," ","03/01/19","R"," ","0","A","1","010314"," "," ","1234"," "," "," "," "," "," "," ","1222000 "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," ","7.00"," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," ","1"," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," ","17/02/19"," "," "," "," ","0"," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "," "

Thanks in advance

Hi Adeel,

Were you able to solve this issue? I am also facing this issue..Thanks.

Back