Migration from JDE 9.1 Sparc T4 ( Sun Solaris) to Linux servers

moh.h995

Hello there,

Our company is planning to migration from Sparc T4 (Sun Solaris) server to Linux servers that we already bought the servers (all physical "they don't need virtual machine"), and we already have JDE Edward 9.1.

is there any advice or suggestion?

Thanks

You could set up services on the new hardware, then change OCM to point to the new services. You could do this relatively transparently from the user perspective. The biggest training issue would be finding their UBEs during/after the transition

Tom

Thanks for reply.

I see, I guess It's a bit complicated because might we gonna upgrade to 9.2 in the new hardware and we have a lot of customization

<... upgrade to 9.2 ...>Minor detail left out of previous post.

Its a shame the powers that be in your organization are so ignorant of the benefits of VMs. Oh well.
Your JDE upgrade (9.1 to 9.2) itself shouldn't be that different from a regular upgrade. That's a pretty well known process for a consultant that's done it a 100 times (assuming you are using a Oracle Business Partner fore the upgrade, right?)

Your pain points will be in external interfaces.

I don't see how that matters. I currently run 3 instances of JDE on my IBM i (8.12, 9.1, and 9.2). While running multiple instances is a little more complicated, setting up a linux server with JDE services (on any semi-recent version) is not, and changing OCM also isn't all that bad.

Tom

Back