Thread: Period 13 and 14 in GL to Track Audit Adjustments

Period 13 and 14 in GL to Track Audit Adjustments

We are using 'period end' as follows

Period 12 end date - 31/12/YYYY
    Period 13 end date - 31/12/YYYY
    Period 14 end date - 31/12/YYYY

If we follow like this, we will not be able to identify what are the audit adjustments the users entered.
    Now, how we can track the audit adjustment.
    1. Is it possible to change the period as follows ?

Period 12 end date - 29/12/YYYY
    Period 13 end date - 30/12/YYYY
    Period 14 end date - 31/12/YYYY

2. If the period change is not possible, can I use GL Date updated field (F0911.UPMJ)to check the audit adjustments ?
    RAUF
    JDE Techno-Functional
    JDE E1 8.12 | TR 8.96.40 | Windows XP SP 3

Oh...No comments until now. Should I post this somewhere else
    RAUF
    JDE Techno-Functional

You can change the period dates you have specified. If you decide to do this you must be sure there have not been any posted entries already made with the Julian dates in those last two days. If so you may end up having integritiy issues. Clients of mine have chosen to track audit adjustments using a particular doc type(s) rather than using two extra periods. You need to weigh the pros and cons.
    JD Edwards E1 and World
    Blasenheim Solutions, LLC
    Technical and functional consultant specializing in Financials

Alex,

Thank you very much for your reply.

• We have entries for 2018 Dec. But we will implement this in 2019 Dec.
      But what happens if the user enter transaction in future period. For example, if we are in March 2019, the user can enter to period 14 ( Dec 31, 2019). Am I right ?
    • I was also thinking for doc type. But I guess lot of doc types are hard coded. So how this will effect the processing?
    • Is there any document available on both set up ?
    RAUF
    JDE Techno-Functional

Rauf Muhammed,

Yes, it is possible and common to create future transactions although unlikely that far in advance. If you are certain of making the change in the fiscal date patterns you will need to void (or delete) and post the voids any transactions in period 12 with GL dates of the last two days of the year (if there are any) BEFORE the change. It is extremely important that making this type of change can have a massive impact on your system including all other modules. Remember, they look at the date pattern as well. I would not do this without testing every module especially with the date pattern set to 12, 13, and 14. There are so many other things to consider so you should work closely with knowledgable JDE super users.

Custom doc types are very common. There is a set in the UDC table reserved for this purpose: U1, U2, etc. By using this method, you have far less to worry about in your testing. There is no impact on any modules except obviously General Ledger and it is treated like the typical "JE" doc type. So if accomplishing what the Financial department needs using this method, this is definately the way to go. You can easily create custom reports showing columns with the "audit" doc type.

I see your location "Kerala, India" under your profile name. I once drove 10 hours from Bangaluru to Kerala. I won't ever do that again!
    JD Edwards E1 and World
    Blasenheim Solutions, LLC
    Technical and functional consultant specializing in Financials

Thread Information