Customer Price Adjustment - item category codes

marisas

Good evening,

I need to set up price adjustment depending on 1 - 3 category codes of item.

SRP2 + SRP3 + SRP4

For example:

SRP1 = 100 --> price adjustment = 30%
SRP1 = 100 + SRP2 = 150 -->
price adjustment = 35%
SRP1 = 100 + SRP2 = 150 + SRP3 = 100 --> price adjustment = 10%

If only the first condition is respected, the price adjustment in sales order is ok, 30%.
But if the third condition is respected, the price adjustment in sales order is 30%+35%+10% = 75%

Is it possible to be valide only the more detail price adjustment? I mean in this case 10%.

Thank you very much for the help.

Mary

Good evening,

I need to set up price adjustment depending on 1 - 3 category codes of item.

SRP2 + SRP3 + SRP4

For example:

SRP1 = 100 --> price adjustment = 30%
SRP1 = 100 + SRP2 = 150 -->
price adjustment = 35%
SRP1 = 100 + SRP2 = 150 + SRP3 = 100 --> price adjustment = 10%

If only the first condition is respected, the price adjustment in sales order is ok, 30%.
But if the third condition is respected, the price adjustment in sales order is 30%+35%+10% = 75%

Is it possible to be validate only the more detail price adjustment? I mean in this case 10%.

Thank you very much for the help.

Mary

Hi! It depends really what version you're on
If you are on 9.1 , you can use the "Skip to " function in the price schedule
for this to work, you would need to have o sort the adjustments to have the detailed adjustments before the more generic ones

If adjustment 1 is applied, it can skip to end of the schedule or to a specified adjustment further down, bypassing the adjustment(s)s below it i.e. skipping adjustment 2 and 3

If adjustment 2 is applied, it would skip adjustment 3

and if neither 1 or 2 is applied, it would apply 3 if a record is found

I am not quite sure in which version this functionality started but just have a look at price scheduled and see if you can find the "skip to" and "skip to end" fields
Hope this helps

Hi,

thank you very much for your help!! I'm working with 9.2. I have used the "Skip to end" function, so the only applied price adjustment is the more detailed, as i want.

I have another question. I need to set up price schedule not only depending item category code, but also depending customer category code (AC03 and AC05).
I have created a customer price group with these 2 category code. But the price schedule doesn't work nor if i insert only customer price group, nor if i insert customer and item price group together.
I add that I use the customer
price group (F03012.CPGP) for customer price list in F4106. Could it have influence on my problem? I have created different customer price groups for price adjustment and price list. Is it correct?

Thank you very much.

Mary

Howdy!
The fact that you use customer price group for base prices should not have any impact on using advanced groups in advanced pricing. I have a similar situation where the customer master price group contains a base price group and advanced pricing is applying adjustments for same customer using complex groups

But.. advanced pricing gets the customer category code values from customer master table, F03012 so the category code values for advanced pricing must be set P03013 customer master revisions, it is not enough if you only set these in address book revisions
(There is a UBE R0150 that you can use to copy category codes from Address book table to customer master table)

If you have already set the category codes in P03013 and the adjustments are still not kicking in, there could be some other issue in configuration

(And i assume you meant "I need to set up price adjustments" and not "I need to set up price schedule" ;-)

Hope this helps
Aarto

Hi,
I have already set category codes in F03012, but it doesn't work.

Could it be the flag "Use Customer Set" in System Constant (P41001)?

Thank you very much!

Mary

Hi Mary! "Customer set" functionality should not be an issue. Advanced pricing looks at the Sold To, Ship-To and parent addresses that are populated to the sales order and how these values are populated should not have any impact. It could be an issue with your advanced price adjustment hierarchy setup. In the hierarchy setup for your adjustment, you tell the system if you're looking at sold-to, ship-to or parent groups. If you have separate sold-to, ship-to and parent addresses on your order, check the hierarchy to verify that it is looking at the correct customer master group codes
Aarto

Hi Mary, please double check that your Customer Group has been entered in your Adjustment Definition (P4071) as the override customer group.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
P4071.JPG

Hi,

the Customer Group has been entered in P4071 as the image. Is it correct?

Thank you very much!!
mary

So the CC1 customer group is the complex group, yes? (P4071 form/exit "Customer group") and has AC03 + AC05 codes in group key 1 and group key 2 fields?

If so, just double check the hierarchy (P47071 form/exit "hierarchy") to ensure that has the expected customer entity defined
(Ship-to, Sold-To or Parent) If your F03012 category codes are populated for the sold-to address, then the hierarchy should reflect this. I believe JDE standard hierarchy "14" has two lookups (but maybe You have modified this hierarchy?)
1. Ship-To Customer number + All items
2. Ship-To customer group + All items

So item groups are not being checked if standard hierarchy "14" is being used..
If this is so even in your instance then it would be looking at F03012.AC03 + F03012.AC05 of the SHIP-To address. Have you populated these category codes for ship-to address?

Aarto

Hi Mary.
Screen shot looks good.
I assume it is still not working?
I saw you tried just Customer Group only, probably best to stay just with that (as i notice in screen shot item group is blank)
Note. Leaving item group blank defaults to Item Branch Item Group

Do you have A/R LOB turned on and multiple records for this Customer in the F03012?
It will try the company specific record and only use 00000 if company rec doesnt exist...
Still not working?
Are your A/B cat codes set? - once they were used in pricing (depending on your version)
No luck...
Can you attach the following sceen shots:
- Customer Group Defn
- Customer Cat Codes
- Pref Hierarchy 16
- Price Detail (Customer group only record)
- Check price and availability

Regards
Craig

Last edited:
Back