Http Get from BSFN

xxpeta

Hi all,

is there any chance how to call HTTP GET from NER BSFN?
I have some local website on intranet and need to do HTTP GET with parametrized address. For example "http://user:p[email protected]/values.xml?Cmd=SMS&Nmr=777232759&Text=Hello". That´s all, I don´t need to open a website or get back the xml.

Thanks for your help.

Petr

There is no system function to peform HTTP requests from a NER. Implementing at an O/S level through a C BSFN would require platform specific code. I believe Oracle would point you towards Orchestrator for such tasks. Personally, I like to use business services (BSSV). The softcoding support gives you easy configuration for prod/test urls/credentials and HTTP is available in the core Java API. You could create a generic HTTP layer in the BSSV and expose it to apps and UBEs through business functions.

We have done something similar with a generic web service call interface on the iSeries. It allows native iSeries objects to call web services through XMLCallObject and a JDE BSSV.

Craig

I will second JDE BSSV, specifically you will be looking to use a Consumer BSSVs (Internal BSSV called from a C BSFN). Oracle states (as is my understanding) that they only support SOAP based calls to third party web services, but you can call RESTful web services as well. Another option that you might consider from a C BSFN, if you don't want to stand up a BSSV server, is LibCurl.

Lib Curl on Wikipedia

Another simpler option is to call an executable that does the HTTP Get and saves the output somewhere. Your ER code can then read that output.

This is pretty straight forward in our product (LynX Business Integrator), where you just use C# to do what ever you need and call the outbound web service directly from ER and read the output of the call from ER as well.

This would actually be simplest with an orchestration, _if_ you've already gone to the length of setting up an AIS server.

The NER on interactive can call BSFN B98ORCH to send the relevant data as JSON to the AIS server. The AIS server would be used to make a notification which would map the parameters into the URL and ping the restful service. The latest 9.2.3 tools update combined with an ESU for that BSFN also supports doing the same from Callobject kernel in C from NER.

In order to use the Orchestrator studio, I understand you need a WebLogic server since it's an ADF application. Doesn't that mean a blue stack shop would have to buy Weblogic in order to use the tool?

Finally it works! I tried to use CURL, but there was a problem with spaces in string, so now I use WGET and it works great, no problem with spaces in string.

Back