Documentation on BSSV (8.12,9.1,9.2, generic)

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
I need to educate myself on business services, I have it running in DV/PY for 8.12. But I need a better education in what is going on behind the scenes to allow me to debug issues faster.

Can anyone suggest some good doco, both about JDE BSSV specifically and Business Services in general (for background).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Tom

First of all,you need to know Java syntax, how to use Jdeveloper, basic CNC concept. It is not an easy thing to pick up at starting stage for one guy who is not a Developer. You need to download BSSV guide doccument from Oracle and practice. As more you learn, you will find it will become easy than what you expected.

BSSV, what you need to know is how to use tools to genereate the Value object and call the BSFN or table IO in Java, then y

Champion,

Thanks for the reply. I've done Java, CNC and read the BSSV guide. I have looked at the java code somewhat, but I need a bit more on BSSV from a little higher level. What is the 'theory' that Oracle uses behind business services, for example if I get an error 'error 5' in my kernel (I still don't know what this is), what the heck does that mean, if I get an error BSSV.xyz can't be found, what is the most likely cause (In this case I probably bollixed my classpath), and what other errors that I haven't encountered yet, and what are the most likely of the error.

IMHO, being a good CNC includes having a 'holistic knowledge' of the different technologies it encompasses.

Tom

I suggest u can download some BSSV samples from Oracle ,then try to run it up in local with debug mode, you can know how the BSSV processing by walking thru every row debugging. This is is one initial step every developer open the door of one new language. I think it is better than just seeing the guide. Besides, You can check the log in BSSV instance then determine what is the cause, typically. I suggest you run the BSSV in local instead of server side at start , or you can make use of SOAPUI to try to send some XML file to BSSV server to verify your BSSV was deployed successfully or not.

As for the backend thory of BSSV, i think BSSV can provide one instance outbound machanism to expose some BSFN or table IO result for 3rd party. It uses the XML file to represent the Business Oject, such as one table model in F0101, F4311 , then transfer the table result via Business Object to 3rd party so that they can consume the data from JDE. You can concentrate on the Java Classes extending the BusinessService or PublicBusinessService, the key logic is thare.

Back