Oracle Support bug documents

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
I was checking on a few of my "favorite" bugs this morning on My Oracle Support, and have noticed that they no longer show the extended details about bugs. Are others seeing this, too? I don't recall hearing anything from Oracle about this information no longer being visible to customers.

As a significant part of Oracle's new "Continuous Delivery" Product Roadmap Oracle has decided that "bugs" are a impediment to the new process and therefore are being phased out.
The truncation of bug details is step 1 in this forward thinking process.

Yep, just checked. I confirm the fargin bastages have removed bug detail. There was some juicy goodness in those full bug feeds. Sometimes even customer names were mentioned which probably wasn't cool. Someone probably decided it was all internal only.

Live only for today in the Clouds, no past, no future. Flying blind but feelin' fine.

I take it as a challenge. 20 years in my informal JDE customer support role has been getting boring. Doing it with less information will make more interesting. That and decompiling Java code to figure out what they have stuffed up. But that is just between you and me, mkay?

Last edited:
Today I have also noticed a large number of search links coming back as:

===
Document cannot be displayed. Possible reasons are:

The document id was entered incorrectly. Please check and try again.
The document id does not exist (was referenced incorrectly).
The document is not classified as publicly accessible ("non-public").
The content is being updated and it is temporarily unavailable but will be made available again soon.
===

The revisionist historians are busy. Bugs? What Bugs? Oracle has no Bugz!

The new support portal will end up just being a large animated smiley face. Be happy citizen developers

SORTED!

(At least for now)

Login to support.oracle.com so that you have your Oracle SSO session established and then plug in the below URL with the bug id set to the one you want detail on.

https://updatecenter.oracle.com/apps/WebSearch/orion-buginfo.jsp?bugId=16522986

This is the same JSP that the Change Assistant uses to fetch bug detail. In the case of the Change Assistant search it will only show you bugs for which there are associated ESUs. However, the buginfo.jsp appears to be capable of fetching the bug detail for any bug. So far, every bug I have tried that had no associated ESU, e.g. that was not marked as fixed such as "Rejected", "Returned Reconsider in Future" or "Open" pulled up with detail using this technique.

Saw this tidbit
Bug 29297260 : DISABLE FUNCTIONALITY TO VIEW BUG DETAILS IN CHANGE ASSISTANT

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM:
Viewing of BUG details can display information that raises legality issues.

LOL!

And strangely that bug is not searchable from the front-end or the JSP link.

I don't think I have the energy to log a ticket asking for cleansed bug details to be displayed. It won't happen. I get the need to hide customer sensitive data but completely obscuring bug information is just wrong. The bug detail should have comments that are internal only and the rest should be exposed. Perhaps this isn't even about customer data. It is rare that I have seen a customer name mentioned in a bug. I am curious what the legal issues are.

I just checked a few bugs and the bug detail is back!!!
Maybe Oracle got a bit of feedback :)

Back