JDE Object Browser 2.0

craig_welton

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hi,
(This was posted in the "Developer/Programmer" forum, but figured most users hang out here ;P )

We have a beta version of JDE Object Browser available at
http://www.patwel.com/downloads

This build was done using Visual Studio 2017, so you will need the Microsoft Redist. Package installed. A link is provided on the download page.

No new functionality other than a couple of bug fixes, but we now support a 64Bit developer client. Choose your required architecture when downloading. (64 Bit requires TR 9.2.3)

This is somewhat of a interim release, as we plan to rebuild the tool from a fresh VS 2017 project. But in order to get x64 support out ASAP, the existing code was upgraded to a 2017 project and tweaked from there.

thanks, and as always, we appreciate any and all feedback.

Craig

Last edited:
Always look forward to new releases of your tools.
One small suggestion, when saving a workspace can it default to what it was .., I use them quite a bit, and sometimes have multiple versions of the same workspace

thanks

Thanks Peter. Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean the position of the windows?

thanks
Craig

Sorry what I meant is the "name" of the workspace. When you "save the workspace" it would be great if it remembered the name of the one that was open. I have quite a few ones saved with similar names. They are great since they save the filters etc,,, Huge time saver.

Another quick favour,,, is it possible to autoformat the MCU fields, so I don't have to put in the leading blanks? - I know I'm lazy :)

Got it, thanks. For now, you can store a Default Workspace in Tools->Options. That will load the workspace when the application starts.

thanks
Craig

Hi @craig_welton

Side question from using OB...

When you get an error back from AIS from a Forms Request, it provides some error information and the control ID. In order to make this human readable I would like to get the control's name. Instead of seeing "ERRORCONTROL": "15" I want the user to see "ERRORCONTROL": "Category Code 15" for example.
If I export an application with OB I can see you have extracted this information. Looking at the debug trace it appears it might have come from some spec table F987* ?

Is it possible to lookup Application/Form/ID and return the name of the control?

Thanks
JohnO

Doc ID 2930488.1 says nope, it's in the BLOB. Well, we kinda knew that. But clever people know how to read BLOBs.

What about BSFN B0009502 - GetControlInfo. Looks to have OBNM FMNM and Control ID. Maybe try to get that to work???

What about BSFN B0009502 - GetControlInfo. Looks to have OBNM FMNM and Control ID. Maybe try to get that to work???
Nice spotting! It doesn't quite do what I want (it looks for certain types of controls on a form but Edit control not one of them) but it demonstrates the API calls that can do what I want.
Thanks
JohnO

Back