Thread: JDE Object Browser 2.0

JDE Object Browser 2.0

Hi,

We have a beta version of JDE Object Browser available at http://www.patwel.com/downloads

This build was done using Visual Studio 2017, so you will need the Microsoft Redist. Package installed. A link is provided on the download page.

No new functionality other than a couple of bug fixes, but we now support a 64Bit developer client. Choose your required architecture when downloading. (64 Bit requires TR 9.2.3)

This is somewhat of a interim release, as we plan to rebuild the tool from a fresh VS 2017 project. But in order to get x64 support out ASAP, the existing code was upgraded to a 2017 project and tweaked from there.

thanks, and as always, we appreciate any and all feedback.

Craig
    Craig Welton
    PatWel Group Inc.
    http://www.patwel.com
    Home of the FREE JDE Object Browser, JDETrace and NERDup Tools

E1 9.0 8.98.4.2 Wintel SQL 2008
    E1 9.2 9.2.1.4 iSeries

Hi Craig

I am using version 1.3.0.98 (I'm on TR 9.1.5.3 over 9.0)

If I open up 2 or 3 different object tabs and look at code and use the search feature in your app, it seems to get stuck and confused if I go and then try and search in another tab.

Is there anyway to have multiple search requests going at all please?
    As now, you can only ever search once if you have 4 tabs open. If you close down the initial search and start again, it's pot luck if it works

Thanks

John
    John Danter
    You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that do you, on a weekday?

E900 TR 9.1.5.3 Unix

Hi John,

The search (CTRL-F) on an HTML form is a built in feature from the MS framework. As you see, it brings up a search dialog above the active window. When you swith to another tab (window) and call on the search, another dialog appears right on top of the other. Try dragging the first dialog to a different location and notice if it's "connected" to the first tab. I'll look to see if I can hook the search dialog and include the object name in the dialog title, but for the most part it's a feature that came for free with the built in MS browser support that displays the OB HTML output.

thanks
    Craig
    Craig Welton
    PatWel Group Inc.

E1 9.2 9.2.1.4 iSeries

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply

It appears to only search the contents of the window you spawned it in

What seems to be happening is, whichever tab you search in first seems to 'stick' and fix the CTRL-Fs possible results.
    Even if you drag the search window out of the tab (from top right) and try to search in the new tab, the search window persists searching the result contents of the first window...and still works

However if I click X and open up a new CTRL F window it works in the second tab.
    John Danter
    You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that do you, on a weekday?

E900 TR 9.1.5.3 Unix

Thanks John, perhaps try the updated version (2.0). It seems to be working correctly there, so MS may have fixed some stuff in the updated MFC framework.

Craig
    Craig Welton
    PatWel Group Inc.

E1 9.2 9.2.1.4 iSeries

Thread Information