JDE Object Browser 2.0

I have two logs of the problem, one if I first enter the FAT and then open the Object Browser, and second if I first open the Objetc Browser and enter the FAT.

In the two scenarios, those reported by the logs are very different,

jde.log of the first case

jde.jpg

Was the workstation re-configured in some way? Try unistalling and re-installing Object browser? Sorry, but nothing I've seen before.

I have reinstalled several times, jdetrace does not work, nerdump does not work, the products were working, the client did a network and port segmentation for security reasons, after that they stopped working, the JDE FAT works correctly.

I'm sorry, but if the workstation was re-configured, it's difficult to know what changed. Anything with UAC, path etc.? It needs to run as admin. The app just calls JDE APIs in the system DLLs.

Craig

Craig,

Thanks, I am running as machine administrator, the JDE FAT works fine, thanks for your support

Hi

I have noticed that my new fat client machines on Windows server 2012 R2 and using the Beta 2.5.0 have issues when debugging and starting stopping debug with something like OW info of OW Commander.
Toggling the logging on doesn't always start a fresh new log, it used to. Then when you get working, clearing the log and commencing your work may not always refresh and keep updating the log.

I have been doing this for years on my older FAT client which was on windows 7 and not with the BETA version.
I have removed the BETA and registry and restarted the FAT.
I'll keep you posted with if this now works as before or not

This is probably a crazy idea, but could this tool be designed and built to run purely on a thin client, using XMLCallobject to retrieve everything it currently finds on a local fat client?

With Orchestration and UDOs I often find myself on a client site project without a development client!

Cheers
JohnO

This is probably a crazy idea, but could this tool be designed and built to run purely on a thin client, using XMLCallobject to retrieve everything it currently finds on a local fat client?

With Orchestration and UDOs I often find myself on a client site project without a development client!

Cheers
JohnO

If it only called stock BSFNs I would say yes, but the tool calls lower level APIs that are not exposed. The thin solution would be to use the web interface. While 1 developer workstation is required with OB installed, it can be accessed from a browser to view the objects specs.

Craig

Hi Craig,

The 64-bit version crashes randomly on 9.2.4.3 (on my workstation, on startup). Analysis of the crash dump shows this. My guess is that it is crashing on JDB_InitEnv.

Code:
SYMBOL_NAME:  heap_corruption!ObjectBrowser.exe

MODULE_NAME: heap_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  heap_corruption

STACK_COMMAND:  ** Pseudo Context ** ManagedPseudo ** Value: 28025bfdb90 ** ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  HEAP_CORRUPTION_c0000374_heap_corruption!ObjectBrowser.exe

Last edited:
Hi Craig,

The 64-bit version crashes randomly on 9.2.4.3 (on my workstation, on startup). Analysis of the crash dump shows this. My guess is that it is crashing on JDB_InitEnv.

Code:
SYMBOL_NAME:  heap_corruption!ObjectBrowser.exe

MODULE_NAME: heap_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  heap_corruption

STACK_COMMAND:  ** Pseudo Context ** ManagedPseudo ** Value: 28025bfdb90 ** ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  HEAP_CORRUPTION_c0000374_heap_corruption!ObjectBrowser.exe

Thanks Hari. I can't seem to duplicate this. Perhaps try the latest version 2.5.0.2?

I don't think it has to do with anything in Object Browser (OB). That workstation had 32-bit JDE, which I snapshot and installed 64-bit. If I start OB first and let it prompt for credentials, it works. If I start JDE (activconsole) after that, JDE crashes. So, it has something to do with JDE already running (and possibly some other toxic combination of things on that workstation). The debug log shows that it is crashing when it is trying to launch the JVM process. I will let you know if I come across any other issue. Thanks.

Thanks John, perhaps try the updated version (2.0). It seems to be working correctly there, so MS may have fixed some stuff in the updated MFC framework.

Anyone else running 2.5.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2?

For the life of me I cannot get it to call a BSFN and record a log. Calls the BSFN but doesn't deposit any info into debuglogs
Switching on logging with OW info or OW commander or even the old fashioned update the INi to FILE way....nowt

Hi Craig,

I have installed Object browser 2.5.0.2(32 bit) on Windows7. I am working on JDE XE instance(B7).
We are trying to export objects from object browser. By default Location/Source is set to LOCAL and it is disabled. So, we are not able to change Location to extract from different path code like DV7333.
Can you please suggest how it can be resolved.

Thanks,
Kajal

craig,

low level, does this connect directly thru the db server when doing table browsing?