Label Printing in Zebra and Loftware

SL922

Hi

We have Loftware software to print the label thru RFGen to Zebra printer and would like to setup to print label from E1 UBE directly, immediately without user's action
Please share your experience if you have the setup thru Loftware to print in Zebra from E1 printer directly

Thanks to share your experience

E910, TR 9.1.5.9

We have an inexpensive solution for this - EverPrint, if you may be interested...

Yes, I would like more info for your answer
Please send me the related info
Thanks

We do this by defining the Zebra printer as a Text printer in JDE and just sending ZPL to it.

Hi Larry,

We are looking to do something similar, can you please elaborate a little on how this is being handled currently ?

Rev,

I work with Larry so I'll respond to you on this. For printing to Zebra printers, we open up the printer like a file and use event rules to create the ZPL data to send to the printer. There's a bit of learning, but it's not very hard. Look online for a ZPL programming guide. For an example, here's some of the text that we send to a printer here to create 2 labels for a sample part.

^XA^PQ2.00
^FO60,35^AUN,59,53^FDPARTNBR1^FS
^FO60,95^BY3,3.0,^B3N,N,95,N,N^FD*PARTNBR1*^FS
^FO60,200^ARN,35,31^FDDESCRIPTION LINE 1^FS
^FO60,235^ARN,35,31^FDDESCRIPTION LINE 2^FS
^FO60,275^ARN,35,31^FDOrd#: 123456-1^FS
^FO450,310^AUN,59,53^FDQty: 5 EA^FS
^XZ

You can also view ZPL data using a viewer tool at: http://labelary.com/viewer.html

Hi Don,

Can you please elaborate a little on "we open up the printer like a file" and also how you identify which printer we should be sending ZPL instructions to incase we have multiple Zebra printers at multiple locations.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Rev,

To open up the printer like a file, I call a custom "C" business function, and use related BSFN's to write to the file and close the file.
For us, each label type is for a different area of the company, so by its nature the target printer is defined by label type. You could also create different versions for your calling program (either an App or UBE) that specifies the printer as a Proc. Opt., too.

Don,

Thanks for detailed explanation, this helps a ton. Is it possible to share custom source code, doesn't seem complicated to write but if you can share that would be helpful..

Back