Control-M Scheduler for JDE E1

back2cnc

Hi,

Happy New Year 2019 :)

Was wondering if anyone has experience with using Control-M as a scheduler for JDE ?

Offlate, I have started on a project where in the client is having an uphill task in managing the jobs submitted in JDE, so of our challenges are like
- The jobs submitted are ignoring the Job Queues defined and the status for the same in JDE. Like Jobs are submitted in a queue even if the Job Queue is on Hold
- Doesn't return the job completion status

Appreciate your insight on the same. Thank Much in advance.

Regards
RN

At a former employer, I had experience with Control-M running JDE jobs for > 10 years. We ran JDE on the iSeries and needed to coordinate job streams with jobs running on other platforms, like Windows and Unix servers. We didn't use the JDE job scheduler at all. My recollection is that our installation also did not recognize job queues being on hold, but you can set a late start alarm in Control-M to alert you of problems like this - also their graphic interface excels at showing job status.

My only wish was that at the time, Control-M didn't support file triggers.

Thanks Kim.

I had dug in deeper today with the way Control-M submits JDE jobs, its more a RUNUBEXML via a BSSV call or using a shell script at OS layer to call RUNUBE.

So I wonder, if Control-M does it not have connects built in like we have in Tidal or some other scheduler software which work with JDE as well as other applications ?

Regards
RN

Back