Spec column XYZ is not in DB META Data

nkuebelbeck

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
I recently changed a custom table(added columns)

The logic in my program checks if the record exists - then if it doesn't exist, it tries to insert.

My FetchKeyed is failing - so in code, i have it trying to insert - but in this case the insert is also failing with duplicate key

Can Spec column XYZ is not in DB META Data make my fetch fail?

Thanks

log snippet attached

Attachments

• logs.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 4
Is this a UBE? If so delete the SQL package for it. Could possibly be global tables.

Craig

Last edited:
Is this a UBE? If so delete the SQL package for it. Could possibly be global tables.

Craig

No ube. We've cleared the global tables as well. SQL packages are the next thought - those will be cleared this weekend.

Can that spec error make the fetch fail?

Definitely. Seen plenty of issues with SQL packages over the years.

Is this a problem locally or after deploying? If I remember correctly don't you have to bounce the JAS server after changing a table?

locally it's not a problem. It's also not a problem in our non production E1 server. We've bounced the jas server, cleared the global tables. We deployed the update Monday night and have had sporadic errors. It's doesn't always fail to fetch either. I finally got it to error while having the jdedbug logs on and attached the section of logs I believe to be causing it. SQL packages is my last hope per E1: OS: Overview, Maintenance and Known Issues for AS400 SQLPkgs (Doc ID 1525639.1)

Since you said it wasn't a UBE, and the logs are definitely from an iSeries, I'm inferring the process is in a BSFN. So JAS is not involved. The intermittence is an interesting twist. It points to the SQL packages being used by a COK, and that there are multiple packages (some with the "old" table metadata). Let us know how it works after the cleanup.

Craig

So far so good. note to self - don't mess with tables without clearing sql packages.

Back