Tools 9.2.3 question on Orchestrator Studio & Weblogic

Joel

Well Known Member
Hi List,

For Tool 9.2.3 Oracle certifies Orchestrator Studio 7 with WebLogic 12.2.1.x. We are currently on WebLogic 12.1.3 hence as part of the tools upgrade will have to upgrade the WebLogic.

I was reviewing the documentation for the WebLogic upgrade and found a document (link below). The document mentions the steps to upgrade the core weblogic component using the reconfigure utility. It mentions that you need to upgrade the domains only if required by the application.

I have the following question, for EnterpriseOne, do we need to upgrade the application component as well or will be fine just upgrading the core weblogic components.

Also, has anyone succeeded in installing Orchestrator Studio 7 on lower versions of WebLogic like 12.1.3. I was able to install and test 9.2.3 (32 bit) for JAS, BSSV, RTE and AIS on 12.1.3 however for Orchestrator Studio I get an error which i'm not sure if related to the MTR or not

Link I am referring to - https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/12213/wls/WLUPG/WLUPG.pdf

Regards,
Joel

Last edited:
You can keep your Orchestrator 7 and Weblogic 12.2.1.x together as a separate instance. Our orchestrator runs on Weblogic 12.2.1.x but our enterprise server and all other runs on Weblogic 12.1.3.
Hope it helps.

Back