Dyslexic security role

Olivia_Terrell

Olivia_Terrell

I spent a good couple of days, laboring over a new security role--struggling to get all the E1 pages just right, the 200+ permissions in place--the testing... Everything was perfect---until I realized I had misspelled the security roles name. (*face-palm*) :(

Is there a way to change a roles name, once it is created? Has someone already created a SQL for this, if the application doesn't have that?

...surely others have already run across this issue... any suggestions would be appreciated...

Sure you can SQL it, but if you're asking - you may be better served just creating a new role with the right name and copying the F00950 records over to the new one. There's a couple of tables to hit with SQL depending how far you got and you'd have no audit history in the F9312 if you need such a thing.

Here you go

1. Create role using web client
2. TSQL
INSERT INTO JDE910.SY910.F00950
SELECT
FSSETY, 'New Role Name', FSOBNM,FSDTAI, FSFRDV,FSSY, FSOWDI,
FSFMNM, FSFUNO, FSINSL, FSRUN, FSVWYN, FSA, FSCHNG, FSDLT, FSTHDV,
FSOBID,FSADDC, FSIOK, FSICPY, FSIUPT, FSATN1, FSATN2, FSATN3, FSMUSE,
FSPID, FSJOBN, FSUPMJ, FSUPMT, FSEXITID, FSTABID, FSTEXTID,
FSPTH FROM JDE910.SY910.F00950
WHERE FSUSER = 'face-palm'

3, attach new role to users.
4. delete old role.
5. clear cache (if needed)

I was thinking of something simple. We don't really use the audit history for much, but yes, I would be changing that one too.

update sy920.F0093 set LLUSER='Updated Name' where LLUSER='Current Name';
update sy920.F0092 set ULUSER='Updated Name' where ULUSER='Current Name';
update sy920.F00950 set FSUSER='Updated Name' where FSUSER='Current Name';
update sy920.F9312 set SHUSER='Updated Name' where SHUSER='Current Name';

Don't forget F00950U if you have added any UDO View/Action/Content security specific to this role.

Back