Background color change - different behavior in 9.2.2.5

JMast

Reputable Poster
Hello All,

We changed the background color in TR 9.2.1.4 by replacing a color in c$\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EnterpriseOne\servers\JDE92PY_PY_80\stage\JDE92PY_PY_80\app\webclient.war\share\css\webclient.css.

This worked just fine. We have ugraded to 9.2.2.5 and every time the JVM is restarted, it reverts to the base color.
Am I correct in needing to edit the webclient.css in the C:\jde_home_1\SCFHA\targets\JDE92PY_PY_80owl_deployment\webclient.ear\app\webclient.war\share\css directory instead?

Is there a better place/way to change the background color in newer tools? We don't really need to do logos or banners, we are more interested in just a simple color change on all forms so users don't do PD work in PY or vice versa.

Thanks for the advice,

Jer

Try editing the file in jde_home. I had a similar issue switching files out for DR and it turned out the application copied the files from jde_home everytime I restarted.

Jer,

I believe you are correct. I make all changes in jde_home AND the target location.

Tom

go to the following directory:

c$\Oracle
\SMAgent\SCFHA\targets\JDE92PY_PY_80\owl_deployment\webclient.ear\app\webclient.war\share\css

and paste the new webclient.css there and bingo! problem solved. I've had the same issue last week and this is how I solved it.

Note: don't forget to keep a backup copy of the old webclient.css file.

DEA,

Thank you for the response. Copying the files every time also explains why it takes longer for the JVM to start up.

What is the best way to change the background color of all forms in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2.2.5 without using logos or banners? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks. I know this is an old discussion but the answer to my question is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post,Thanks

Inaya2,

As stated in the original thread from 2018, you can modify the webclient.css file in webclient.war\share\css. Assuming you are running WebLogic as they were above, modify the one under the jde_home directory and restart the instance. It should copy it over to the Oracle Middleware directory. If you only replace the file under the Oracle middleware directory it will get overwritten by whatever is in the jde_home directory.

As far as what to change, look for the text:

.loginBodyAuto

in the webclient.css file. There wil be more than one hit but the one that has the color in HTML code is the one to change. For example, I believe the standard Oracle JDE blue will have the following:

background-color: #1E4A6D

Change that to whatever HTML color code you desire and it should change the color of the login page.

There are other directives in the file for each of the sections in the screens that you should be able to figure out by looking at the page source.

But beware: None of this is supported by Oracle. Make sure you keep a backup of everything and that you test everything thoroughly before you move it to prod (or even a UAT environment). And you must re-do these changes for every instance and every tools release change.

Inaya2,

As stated in the original thread from 2018, you can modify the webclient.css file in webclient.war\share\css. Assuming you are running WebLogic as they were above, modify the one under the jde_home directory and restart the instance. It should copy it over to the Oracle Middleware directory. If you only replace the file under the Oracle middleware directory it will get overwritten by whatever is in the jde_home directory.

As far as what to change, look for the text:

.loginBodyAuto

in the webclient.css file. There wil be more than one hit but the one that has the color in HTML code is the one to change. For example, I believe the standard Oracle JDE blue will have the following:

background-color: #1E4A6D

Change that to whatever HTML color code you desire and it should change the color of the login page. g

There are other directives in the file for each of the sections in the screens that you should be able to figure out by looking at the page source.

But beware: None of this is supported by Oracle. Make sure you keep a backup of everything and that you test everything thoroughly before you move it to prod (or even a UAT environment). And you must re-do these changes for every instance and every tools release change.
Of course sir I have backup. And thank you very much.

In newer tools releases, you can add the environment and teh HTML color code (with the #) to UDC 98 CO. If you clear cache this should change the background color without changing the files. It does NOT change the color on the login screen.

Hey Jer,

In a WebLogic setup, adjust the webclient.css file in the jde_home directory under webclient.war\share\css to change the login page color. Restart the instance to apply the change to the Oracle Middleware directory, ensuring you don't replace the file there. Locate and modify the .loginBodyAuto section's background color in the webclient.css file.

Keep in mind that these changes are not Oracle-supported, so always back up and test thoroughly before applying them to production or UAT, and remember to reapply after each tool release update.

As for assistance with your JD Edwards customization, you may consider reaching out to Ephlux.com. They have experience in JD Edwards and can help you with custom themes and provide guidance to ensure your changes remain consistent across updates.

Last edited:

Back