Object Browser - Way to save preferences/window settings?

szNick

I am creating a presentation on using JDE Object Browser for our developers and BSAs. When I use Object Browser, I always set the 'Object Search' tab to be alongside the UDC Browser tab, and also on 'Auto-Hide.' This is just a better use of the screen, in my opinion. However, if I want to standardize this across our virtual clients, is there a settings file or preferences file I can propagate in order to have everyone's instance look the same? Looking in C:/Program Files/PatWel Group Inc/JDE Object Browser, I don't see any such file (but my Windows app programming leaves quite a bit to be desired). Obviously this isn't a make or break thing, but it would be handy.

Hey Nick,

The software uses MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) as the basis for the UI. Most of the panel size/position nitty gritty is taken care of by that framework. The settings are stored in the registry beneath: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PatWel Group Inc\ObjectBrowser\Workspace

I suppose you could extract your settings from an "optimal" install and import those to others. Sorry but it's nothing easily supported in the tool right now.

regards,
Craig

Hey Nick,

The software uses MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) as the basis for the UI. Most of the panel size/position nitty gritty is taken care of by that framework. The settings are stored in the registry beneath: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PatWel Group Inc\ObjectBrowser\Workspace

I suppose you could extract your settings from an "optimal" install and import those to others. Sorry but it's nothing easily supported in the tool right now.

regards,
Craig

Thanks, I'll check there and see what I can do.

Back