Urgent Call for JD Edwards Customer Users in Houston and Surrounding Areas!

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
I would like to extend my personal invitation and encouragement to all Oracle JD Edwards Users in the Houston region to attend tomorrow’s 2018 Q3 Meeting of the Houston Regional Users Group - Oracle JD Edwards Users, H.U.G. at the Hess Club in Houston from 8:00 AM -1:30 PM. Membership and registration is FREE to all Oracle JD Edwards Users.

I am sending this last minute urgent call to all JD Edwards Customer Users in Houston and surrounding areas to attend tomorrow’s meeting because in addition to the great keynote, educational and networking sessions being offered, it is vital that you attend to exercise your right to vote.

On Tuesday, August 28th 2018, the Houston Regional Users Group - Oracle JD Edwards Users, H.U.G. will be conducting elections for our new 2019-2020 H.U.G. Executive Board of Directors leadership. I highly recommend to each and every Oracle JD Edwards Customer User in Houston to consider devoting a hand full of hours every month by taking a leadership role in our incredible user group. I can testify to the countless rewards that I have reaped personal and professional growth through in 15 plus years in JD Edwards user group leadership, and those reward s are also available to you. The investment in your time is so little compared to the benefits that are so big. The Houston Regional Users Group - Oracle JD Edwards Users, H.U.G. are poised to thrive full of limitless potential to continue to be on the leading edge in our global Oracle JD Edwards user community.

In addition to elections, the Houston Regional Users Group - Oracle JD Edwards Users, H.U.G. Executive Board of Directors is proposing a change to our By Laws. This controversial change encompasses their desire to expand the eligibility criteria for holding office as President and Vice President of Programming (President and VP Programming currently restricted to H.U.G. JD Edwards Customer User members in current bylaws previously ratified by the entire membership) to now open up to include H.U.G. Business Sponsor members, citing the perceived diminished interest from volunteers in JD Edwards Customer Users community in Houston to seek election for office.

I thoroughly respect and appreciate everything that our HUG Business Sponsor Members do for our organization, as they have been an integral part of our growth of the last eight years; however, I am still skeptical and question if opening up eligibility to Business Sponsor Member vendors to preside over our organization and/or determine our education programming offered is the right answer in finding the great the best future leaders for our user group. As a three term H.U.G. Past President and a H.U.G. Life Member JD Edwards Customer User, I call on every H.U.G. JD Edwards Customer User member to seriously think this issue through before voting to change our bylaws as a speculative alternative in filling potential H.U.G. Executive Board of Directors vacancies. Please come and to meeting and share your feelings on this subject before we vote.

Terry H. DeMoure
Manufacturing Planning Manager
Geospace Technologies
2011-2016 Past President
Houston Regional Users Group - Oracle JD Edwards Users, H.U.G.

Back