Control Supplier Advance based on Custom Request to Pay

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
We are using a tiny sub module to control payments to suppliers. It is called "Request to Pay".
This usually generated based on Purchase Order.

Now, I have to do some validation to check supplier advance against this request to pay module.
For example, a Purchase Order is generated PO 18001 worth $1000
Req.Pay created worth $500 ( 50% advance payment)
The financial user will create advance payment of $500, but the user can also make more than the amount. I just need put some validation to this procedure, to restrict the user not to pay more that the payment request.
How can I do this. I guess, I have to customize the P0411 Standard Voucher application.

I'm not sure I understood what you are trying to accomplish.

You want to limit the amount that the Finance User will be able to enter when they are creating the prepayment by comparing it with the amount you have on this custom "Request to Pay"? If this is what you are looking for, then I believe you would have to change the P0411 to add this check.

But who enters the value on this Request to Pay? Why not create a straight prepayment on finance?

I've seen Prepayments handled in Finance, where someone creates a prepayment document which will have two lines, one positive and one negative.

Example:

Document 12345 PP (prepayment)
+500: Prepayment (Line that is actually paid)
-500: Prepayment Pending for Netting

When the voucher is created to pay those 1000 to the supplier, this is what happens.

Voucher 112233 PV
+1000: Amount to Pay Supplier

Payment Netting:
+1000: Amount to Pay
- 500: Amount already paid.
-----
500: Amount left to be paid.

Maybe this is what you are looking for, I don't know. Again, I may not have understood completely your post.

Back