Partial Translation - Report Design Aid

You could use vocabulary overrides so that for that specific UBE you override the Arabic with English.

Hi Ellen,
I guess, the VO works only with constants. I have issue with data fields ( from Business View).

For example, the Amount Gross (AG) will convert to Arabic numeral.
Is there any way to restrict this?

So, you want it to display the number using the American style number formatting on this field on this UBE only? There could be other numeric fields on the report that you want to continue displaying in the Arabic formatting? And, you want the language to remain Arabic for all of the field labels and other constants?

That is a tricky one. Have you tried converting the number to text and formatting it in your code and then displaying the text result? I think that is the best suggestion I can come up with.

Yes. I have tried. But it is also not working.

12345 will be ١٢٣٤٥

But ab12345xy will be in ab12345xy.
I tried to fool the report engine by removing ab and then xy by blank. After the removal, it is converting to Arabic ١٢٣٤٥

Well, can't you just do it manually? I write in Japanese too, and the same thing happened to me a couple of times.

Well, can't you just do it manually? I write in Japanese too, and the same thing happened to me a couple of times. I had the help of a translator in fixing that (he's also helping me with Japanese). I tried to translate it partially, but it didn't work out. I don't know what he did, but I know some columns can be in Japanese while others are in English. Check some Youtube tutorials as well... they might have the answer. If you don't find anything useful, try a professional. This thing can ruin the whole work!! I swear stuff like this makes you angry, and in the end, you don't even want to struggle with it anymore!!

Back