How to prohibit entering a purchase order for a vendor but allow inquiry to history

tmackin

Reputable Poster
We have inactivated some vendors with an "XV" search type but users can still enter an order. Tried row security to not allow view but users said they needed to see history. Is there any other way to stop entry for inactive vendors. Solutions greatly appreciated. TIA

If you have access to Oracle support you could refer to Doc id 755938.1 which explains various options to render a vendor obsolete.

thanks,
Matt

Item Help

Hold Payment Code
Alias: HDPY
A code that specifies whether to hold payment of outstanding vouchers and prevent entry of new vouchers for the supplier. The hold code applies only to the supplier on a voucher. The hold code does not apply when the supplier is a payee on a different supplier's account. Valid values are:

1 or Y
Hold payment of outstanding vouchers and prevent entry of new vouchers for this supplier.

Hold payment of outstanding vouchers, but allow entry of new vouchers for this supplier.

N
Allow payment and voucher entry. This is the default.

To hold payment of an individual voucher, rather than all outstanding vouchers, use a payment status code of H in the Voucher Entry program.

we have also used a field on the supplier to indicate whether a supplier has been certified or not, and our PO programs have been configured to specifically look for that field to have a certain value to allow a PO to be entered. If that field isn't updated, then no PO can be created.

I like the approach gine13tiger suggested, but as far as I know it wouldn't prevent users from creating Purchase Orders. They wouldn't be vouchered though...

Here where I work we actually customized the P4310 to now allow orders to be placed for "VO" (Search Type for Obsolete Vendors on Address Book).
We created an UDC with the list of invalid Search Types. It was actually a simple mod...

Or you set up Hold Orders Code in Supplier Master.
If you don't set up the Hold Code constant, you will get red error in PO entry.

Back