Object Browser Batch Export Using Command Line

MahiJDE

Hi Craig,

Greetings!

I would like to use object browser's batch export feature using command lines. When execute the command objectbrowser.exe -h it is giving below message. Can you help me by providing an example to export 10 objects ER having names in a .txt file.

=====================================
JDE Object Browser Batch Export Mode
=====================================
Usage: objectbrowser.exe
-a Input File with list of objects (other object selection parms ig
nored)
-b Export Flags. 1 = Event Rules 2 = Object Properties 3 = Both (d
efault) 4 = None
-c PathCode when using central objects
-d Export directory (folder)
* -e Environment
-f Prefix spec source to filename
-g Log File Path
-h Help - shows this message
-i Silent Mode - no user input
-j OMW Project (wildcards allowed)
-l Spec Location (L - Local)*default (C - Central Objects)
-m Mode (H - HTML)*default (T - Text)
-n Do not process object versions
* -o Object (wildcards allowed)
* -p Password
-r Version name (wildcards allowed)
-s System (01, 42, etc)
-t Append timestamp to filename
* -u User
-v Datasource for versions
-w OMW update date prefix with e(equal),l(less than) or g(greater t
han)
-x[fmt] Export APP or UBE procesing options by version (1-Excel)*default
(2-CSV) (3-TXT)
-y Object Type
-z[fmt] Export UBE data selection by version (1-Excel)*default (2-CSV) (
3-TXT)

* parameters are required.
Press any key to continue ...

Thanks In Advance.

If file c:\temp\export.txt contains

P01012
P4210

From the command line run objectbrowser.exe -ac:\temp\export.txt -uJDE -pJDE -eDV920
to export P01012 and P4210 to HTML.

Replace the user (-uJDE) and password (-pJDE) parameters with your credentials and choose your environment (-eDV920 in this example).

thanks
Craig

Remove line numbers?

Hi Craig - I've used the OB export tool with WinMerge's excellent file comparison tool to achieve complete object comparison that far exceeds ER compare's completeness, it's very cool. The WinMerge comparisons work best without ER line numbers, but OB doesn't seem to have a command line switch to turn them off. I know I can turn them off in OB preferences, but I usually like to leave line numbers turned on for the manual object review within OB, but only turn them off when doing command line exports. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look to add an option for that.

Craig

See version 1.3.0.98. The command line option -k will force the line numbers to be disabled regardless of option settings.

Craig

Craig - you're the man, this works perfectly! This tool just gets better and better, we can't thank you enough.

Craig - Two more small requests. Could you please make the "logic lines" for indentation be suppressed with a command line argument? I love having them enabled in the OB tabs when browsing code, but using a text comparison tool for exports, the extra "|" shows all lines contained inside a new "if" or "while" as different when those lines haven't changed. I've been able to do "find and replace" after exports but it would be great to not have to do that extra manual step.

Also: NER functions in the OB visual display in the tabs helpfully show their "function name" (the one without spaces that is the unique public identifier for the specific function) at the top of the tab above the data structure, which makes it easy to copy it out for ER searches. However, C BSFNs don't show it, and require scrolling down and hunting to find them, which is less convenient. Would it be possible to add the function name to the C BSFN display?

I use the tool all day long and it's a huge lifesaver. Thanks!
PS I've been able to create windows batch files for automating all the command line stuff for comparisons of objects, projects, and entire pathcodes. Makes upgrades much more complete and painless.

Hi,

Try beta version 2.0.0.6. Command line option -q will suppress the logic lines. The selected C BSFN function will appear next to the BSFN Object Description in the header surrounded by brackets.

thanks for the feedback,
Craig

Craig - is there a way to run the command line arguments and use the current OB session instead of having to put in our user Id, password, and environment? This would be a great feature to add if you don't already have it, since I like my batch files to automate as much as possible (like login credentials), but storing the password in plain text is not a good security practice. Any other ideas if that feature is not coming soon?

Hi Chris,

Try running it from the command line without passing the user credentials. I'm pretty sure it will attach to the current session, if it exists.

thanks
Craig

Hi Craig,

Can you please give one example to export specific report version from command prompt.

Regards,
Kajal

Hi Craig,

Can you please give one example to export specific report version from command prompt.

Regards,
Kajal

Back