P00095 Business Object Reservations - Allow users to delete their own reservations

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
Hi List,

Have you ever thought about giving access to P00095 to enable users to delete their own reservations?
This way users could go in and the list would only allow them to see and delete their reservations.

Is it okay or should it be with IT personnel.

If you do, I'd clone or edit the screen so they can only delete their own USER ID records

why do they have to delete them? normally processing of records should clean all that up.

I wouldn't allow end users to release even their own reservations. There may be a valid reason why a sales order for example is locked. If a user is running two instances of p42101 for example and is trying to open the same order in each instance. Having said that there are bugs that can cause record reservations to not be cleared. Perfect world you track down the bug and fix it. Since its not a perfect world, we made a slight mod to the BSFN that places the reservation and basically built in a TTL on the record reservation (we set the TTL threshold pretty high). If a reservation was requested and the current record was say >12 hours old, we cleared the old reservation and allowed the requesting app to place a new reservation. This cut down on the number of reservations the users were requesting to be cleared.

I agree that allowing users to delete any reservations (including their own) is dangerous. We have a daily E1 "health check" report that includes a section showing us any outstanding reservations. We as the E1 admins then can clear that, usually after checking with the end user to let them know of the reservation and to see if there was a reason for it being left behind. We don't get many of these, and often they are left behind if a person's computer locks up and they have to forcibly exit JDE.

Hi Don,

I facing the said issue very often: if a person's computer locks up and they have to forcibly exit JDE.
The users are just leaving the system without proper sign out or they just close the browsers exit button. Later they want to release the lock.

Hi Boster,
Yes. I was thinking that, it might be dangerous. But ( about ) 95% of the locks coming from the users who do not properly sign out from JDE. We don't use Sales module, it comes from the voucher matching.

Yes. I was thinking that, it might be dangerous. But ( about ) 95% of the locks coming from the users who do not properly sign out from JDE. We don't use Sales module, it comes from the voucher matching.

Depending on your Tools Release, JDE has actually gotten pretty good at handling these types of things. There is browser close detection, and even in the event the user's PC/Browser crashes as part of the the session timeout/termination on the JAS server it will actually attempt to close the application, thus executing cleanup code like object reservation release. In these situations the reservation may be there a while while waiting for the JAS session to time out but even those cases it should eventually clear.

We have had similar concerns in our system and environment too . We are on 9.1 jde version and 9.1.5 tools release . users close browser directly , due to speed needed in our business forget that order is already open and try to open again , several active windows of same application in same session or multiple sessions and then they complain , sessions timeouts while in order entry (session time out set at 60 mins) . To address all this , we have a UBE which is running every night after midnight hour lets say at 00:30 hours , and clears anything locked from prior date . If business needs during the day , it goes to our helpdesk team who are trained to search using user id or order key using wildcards and clean them . As per me , it is not a good idea o give it to user base directly ,without mods or defaulting user id and filters using SL user id and stuff etc .

We restart every night so any reservations older than today are safe to delete. I added a Query to the P00095 that shows records with Date Reserved < Today and set it as the default and run when selected. Then I gave a few power users access and some short instructions.

Back