JDE Deployment Server user account issue

James Monroe

Greetings all. We are on JDE apps 9.0, tools release 9.1.4.7.

Our issue is that we have found that on our deployment server (JDEDEPLOY), there is a user account (.\JDE) that no one here knows the password for. It came up recently when JDEDEPLOY was unresponsive after MS patches were applied, and after rebooting, the server was unresponsive. We had to roll back to a snapshot of the server to get it back up and running. During troubleshooting, one of the server tech guys needed apparently to key in the password for JDE and no one knew it. So we did the snapshot to get it back up.

What we found was that the SM Management Console (which I assume is the server manager process) runs as logged as user JDE. It actually shows .\JDE as the user.

So moving forward we would like to change this password but are concerned about the effects. So some question along those lines would be.

1. Is this typical that the Server Manager (which I assume is the SM Management Console) is run under a special account like '.\JDE'?
2. We do have a user JDE defined in the jd edwards application and we do log into the deployment server jde fat client with that user name JDE to build/deploy packages, etc, but I would expect that is not the same as the microsoft server account JDE. Would you agree?
3. It appears that the account (.\JDE) is only used to run the Server Manager. Is there a way to determine if anything else is running or defined to be run under this account?
4. If we changed the password for .\JDE and then reflect that new password in the SM Management Console's properties info, would you expect us to need to change that anywhere else on the deployment server?
5. Finally, what is the significance of the .\ in front of the account id. It is not actually part of the ID is it?

Appreciate anyone's input on this topic. Thanks.

James,

1. Ours runs under the local system account
2. When you log into the JDE Application, that JDE is not the same one as in AD, it is internal to JDE
3. Look at all your JDE servers and see if any processes are running under JDE, if not. Scan the registry for JDE (assuming windows based), not perfect but I don't know of a better way
4. See 3 above
5. Just a guess, is JDE a local account on the windows server? if so, it probably means the local JDE. otherwise I would expect <domain>\JDE

Also, if it IS a local account, then it is probably safe to change if no other processes are running using it.

Tom

Thanks for the good info Tom. Oracle replied also with basically the same answers. Thanks for the input. This will help us resolve this issue.

Back